Amazon deals thread

owr

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, sounds like that might be a feature!

about 3 months ago I ordered some out of stock Bosphorus hats, it took about 2 months but I got my order, and it was correct...if you're not in a hurry then it's worth a shot for sure, it's probably free shipping returns if you don't like it (and then it just ends up back on Amazon even cheaper as "used")

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad afwdrums started this conversation...I ordered an 18" Turk on 8/30 for $152...Amazon now shows them in stock at 238...haven't heard anything from amazon...may need to shot them an email and see what happened/is happening.

RBagg454

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm late to the party here, and not really up for reading all 172 pages of this thread... If one of you pros at this can answer a couple questions I'd be grateful:

1) Got my eye one a very discounted cymbal on Amazon, but listed as out of stock. Still seems like I can pay and get committed to it and not in a huge rush to get it. You guys go down this route or is this a bad idea? Does stock tend to get refreshed quick enough or might I end up waiting months and months?

2) Seems Ive read that some folks dont end up getting the exact cymbal advertised? How often does this happen? Atypical or part of the fun of rolling the dice?

Thanks!

- Edit - Looks like I found some answers to (1) just one page back from others going through a similar deal. Id still be curious to hear folks experiences beyond that.
I just did that with a Bosphorus New Orleans flat ride. Was backordered, but discounted price. Ordered it, when shipped 2 months later they charged me. If can wait...discount worth it

Reactions: owr

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So 2 things:
1) I ordered the returned cymbal bag/damaged. It arrived in a box about 14x18x12...to fill in the empty cavity they threw in those big air pillows (as if the cymbal bag was fragile). The bag seemed to be free of any damage.

2) I have an 18" Turk Crash on order. Ordered when it was out of stock...its now back in stock at a higher price (bought around 150 now 230 or so I think). I chatted with Amazon...told it should ship in 4 or 5 days at the lower price. I'm skeptical. I would think as soon as they stocked up they'd start fulfilling the existing orders (its what I would do). We'll see...after spending the weekend organizing the my cymbals (its why i bought the extra bag as well as luggage labels) I could probably live without it...though flipping it is possible too.

larold

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So I'm late to the party here, and not really up for reading all 172 pages of this thread... If one of you pros at this can answer a couple questions I'd be grateful:

1) Got my eye one a very discounted cymbal on Amazon, but listed as out of stock. Still seems like I can pay and get committed to it and not in a huge rush to get it. You guys go down this route or is this a bad idea? Does stock tend to get refreshed quick enough or might I end up waiting months and months?

2) Seems Ive read that some folks dont end up getting the exact cymbal advertised? How often does this happen? Atypical or part of the fun of rolling the dice?

Thanks!

- Edit - Looks like I found some answers to (1) just one page back from others going through a similar deal. Id still be curious to hear folks experiences beyond that.
I ordered a Mehmet ride. After two months, Amazon emailed me that it wasn’t available and cancelled my order.

Reactions: owr

anthony marquart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Man used to get some crazy good deals. Some years ago they were selling high end Premier drums, many one at a time. Can’t believe I didn’t buy them.

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah. Man used to get some crazy good deals. Some years ago they were selling high end Premier drums, many one at a time. Can’t believe I didn’t buy them.
Don’t feel too bad. While those were decent drums they weren’t the real high end Premiers, but imports rebranded under the old names of Premier’s high end lines, like Genista et al.

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 remaining...prices seem about $60 less than where they are on Ebay (or about 1/3 off)

Bosphorus 16" Turk

I realized something w/respect to my back order on Amazon for an 18" Turk. When I click on the item now it shows another seller has them in stock, not Amazon itself, which is with whom I placed the order...with that in mind (it'll maybe never be in stock w/Amazon) I looked to see what else was out there...and found the 16 above.

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
WARNING - I returned a 19" 1640 gram Bosphorus Turk flat ride to Amazon which they received two weeks ago. I notified them several times that this cymbal was not tempered properly, sounds like hitting sheet metal, needed to be returned to Bosphorus and not sold again. A used one just popped up on Amazon and I'm afraid it might be the same one.

Free returns, so someone will probably take a chance on it.

Last edited:

RBagg454

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 remaining...prices seem about $60 less than where they are on Ebay (or about 1/3 off)

Bosphorus 16" Turk

I realized something w/respect to my back order on Amazon for an 18" Turk. When I click on the item now it shows another seller has them in stock, not Amazon itself, which is with whom I placed the order...with that in mind (it'll maybe never be in stock w/Amazon) I looked to see what else was out there...and found the 16 above.
I just saw these too. Good deal