Amazon deals thread

RBagg454

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine came in yesterday...1010grams... should pair nicely with a 17 Amedia Dervish I have.

Up to $195 now.
Interesting, I have my New Orleans ride and crash cymbals paired with a Dervish...I think they do pair well.

Reactions: dtk

Furious Styles

Reaction score
WARNING - I returned a 19" 1640 gram Bosphorus Turk flat ride to Amazon which they received two weeks ago. I notified them several times that this cymbal was not tempered properly, sounds like hitting sheet metal, needed to be returned to Bosphorus and not sold again. A used one just popped up on Amazon and I'm afraid it might be the same one.

Free returns, so someone will probably take a chance on it.
I bought/returned the same size/model a few months back and that thing was BRUTAL. No idea of the weight, but it sounded like what you described.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Istanbul Mehmet 20" Signature Anniversary ride
$191 this morning, seems like an insanely good price.

Istanbul Mehmet 15" Horacio Hernandez crash $135

Istanbul Mehmet modern series 17" crashes, all $156 each

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Istanbul Mehmet 20" Signature Anniversary ride
$191 this morning, seems like an insanely good price.

Istanbul Mehmet 15" Horacio Hernandez crash $135

Istanbul Mehmet modern series 17" crashes, all $156 each
Must… resist!!!!

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I owned a 61st anniversary for a hot minute. It was a bit too dry and just "okay" sounding to me. It didn't really have much character to it. The Origin Dark ride I bought with it had similar dryness but a lot more going on with its sound. Of course the gorgeous sounding Legend Dark ride I also got with the other 2 rides burys them both in my book. Such a great sounding cymbal, that Legend Dark.

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've bought some remarkably cheap Turkish cymbals on Amazon in the last few months. The $130 Bos Turk Dark 14" hats and $141 Mehmet Origin Dark 24" ride lead the way but there were many other great deals: 13" and 14" Bosphorus cymbals for under a hundred and a 20" medium thin Trad ride for $142. The most I've spent on any Amazon cymbals is $196 for a Mehmet Origin Dark 20" ride and a Bos Antique 20" thin ride that I ordered right before the price snapped back up to $302. It may take a month or two for the Antique to get here from Turkey. Along with a few bought other places I now have over twenty prized Turkish cymbals with the Antique and an EBC 21" Glassy ride still inbound.

I'd just like to thank the folks who call attention to extraordinary Amazon deals. I'm a cautious fellow by nature(retired CPA); I move slowly and carefully and have missed out on a number of great deals I've learned about on the forum. These deals on Turkish cymbals have been around for a while and so I was able to take advantage and hopefully gain enough confidence to move more quickly in the future.

notINtheband

Very well Known Member
Reaction score