DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, these are used.
[/QUOTE]

"used" is technically accurate but in fact the dozen returns I've bought are like new, much nicer than a "new" item in a music store that kids have been banging on. If you are unlucky and get the, perhaps one in twenty, that is not in pristine condition you just return it. But the Pearl drums in question are described as "Like New" and I've never seen an item that was worse than it's description.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, these are used.

"used" is technically accurate but in fact the dozen returns I've bought are like new, much nicer than a "new" item in a music store that kids have been banging on. If you are unlucky and get the, perhaps one in twenty, that is not in pristine condition you just return it. But the Pearl drums in question are described as "Like New" and I've never seen an item that was worse than it's description.
[/QUOTE]
Often the returned/ "used" sets are missing a box.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the definition of used gear, currently in my experience, "used" gear has meant a barely played guitar that I got last year, and my guitar player got a "used" top of the line G&L guitar for $500 less than new. You couldn't tell that either of them had been used. Plastic still on the pick guards and rear cavity. No discernible fret wear, nicks, dings or fingerprints.

We're in the golden age of not just the highest quality gear ever, but also how quickly it turns around in the marketplace. Many people buy stuff just for a test drive, if even that.

slow larry

Reaction score
Drum sets get returned a lot when only the shells and minimal hardware shows up and they were expecting the cymbals from the photo. The reviews of mid range sets are full of complaints. The low end sets learned their lesson and ship with stamped brass cymbal like objects or B8s for the nicer ones.
That Pearl presidential set is just 2xtoms and the bass w/ the bass-mounted cymbal arm. No snare, which was likely the return reason. I already have a comparable set of Pearls of I'd have bought them. I like the shallow tom sound of the "Classic" depth.

If you're ever confused about what you are getting on Amazon, the text of the page overrides the photos.

amosguy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

slow larry

Reaction score
Yea the thing with Amazon Warehouse is each offering is a single iteration of the product.

afwdrums

Reaction score
heads up ya'll, I just returned 2 brand new Bosphorus cymbals to Amazon, so I'm guessing these will be popping up on Amazon Warehouse as "used" cymbals sometime soon...the 2 cymbals are:

20" New Orleans ride...cost was ~$221 plus tax...I thought this was a nice cymbal that I debated keeping, but ultimately decided it's too close to others I have and I shouldn't keep it just because it was a good price...I didn't weigh it, but I'd guess it's in the 19xx's somewhere...nothing wrong with this cymbal imo, it's brand new, I played it maybe an hour or so

13" Antique paper-thin crash...cost was ~$115 plus tax...was hoping to use this as a top and match up a set of hats, but it's way too thin for that...it's brand new, I literally didn't even hit it with a stick, it only came out of the box long enough for me to go "whoah that's too thin" and back in the box it went

so if you see a 20" New Orleans or a 13" Antique come up soon, it's surely these