Amazon deals thread

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
The Pro Tec bags are a good value. I have the 22" cymbal bag for storage or light gigging, the rolling multi-tom bag and the 6.5x14 snare bag. They're at least as good compared to my old H&B Tuxedo assortment, maybe a little better.

They occasionally drop in price by $5-20 depending on what you get and when. After the big holidays and Black Friday are good bets.
They aren't bad at all. I think I have two of the snare bags. Not necessarily stout enough for gigging, YMMV, but great for storage.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
They aren't bad at all. I think I have two of the snare bags. Not necessarily stout enough for gigging, YMMV, but great for storage.
Yeah, there's no way I'd take them on tour for even a week. Storage and the occasional gig at a local bar is about all I'd ask of them.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Yeah, there's no way I'd take them on tour for even a week. Storage and the occasional gig at a local bar is about all I'd ask of them.
Precisely why I purchased the ones that I did. For one thing I am no longer gigging (aside from an occasional performance locally or going somewhere to jam with friends.) They are perfect for that.

Ostron

Reaction score
Dude, great bag! I have been looking for this for a long time and bought it myself just a couple of months ago. Where did you open it? Personally, I bought it on Amazon. I stumbled upon it by accident, bro. Very happy with the purchase. Especially when you consider that I got it at a fifteen percent discount. A lot, right? This is all thanks to the fact that I use the service with discount coupons. At first I thought it was a scam, but I decided to give it a try anyway. As you can see, I didn't do it in vain. If you order something, I advise you to try the same.

Last edited:

slow larry

Reaction score
A few new Amazon Warehouse (used) offerings today. These represent single iterations of the item in most cases.

Student Level Yamaha shell pack for $250. 20"x16" bass drum, 10"x7" rack tom, 12"x8" rack tom, 14"x13" floor tom, 14"X5.5" snare

24" Bosphorus Master Ride, $311 The code isnt listed but under material is says "paper".

13" Bosphorus Antique crash/splash A13CP (paper thin). I have a normal Thin version of this one and like it a lot, more splash than crash.

afwdrums

Reaction score
heads up ya'll, I just returned 2 brand new Bosphorus cymbals to Amazon, so I'm guessing these will be popping up on Amazon Warehouse as "used" cymbals sometime soon...the 2 cymbals are:

20" New Orleans ride...cost was ~$221 plus tax...I thought this was a nice cymbal that I debated keeping, but ultimately decided it's too close to others I have and I shouldn't keep it just because it was a good price...I didn't weigh it, but I'd guess it's in the 19xx's somewhere...nothing wrong with this cymbal imo, it's brand new, I played it maybe an hour or so

13" Antique paper-thin crash...cost was ~$115 plus tax...was hoping to use this as a top and match up a set of hats, but it's way too thin for that...it's brand new, I literally didn't even hit it with a stick, it only came out of the box long enough for me to go "whoah that's too thin" and back in the box it went

so if you see a 20" New Orleans or a 13" Antique come up soon, it's surely these

there's a 20" Bosphorus New Orleans ride up on Amazon Warehouse right now, I'm guessing it's probably the one I returned a few weeks ago...$210...assuming it is the one I returned, it's brand new, I played it maybe an hour total...I debated keeping it as I liked it, it's a nice all around versatile cymbal, but it's too close to my Turk and Antique rides, so I returned it...well worth taking a chance on if anyone is curious, great price and free returns if you don't end up liking it

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
there's a 20" Bosphorus New Orleans ride up on Amazon Warehouse right now, I'm guessing it's probably the one I returned a few weeks ago...$210...assuming it is the one I returned, it's brand new, I played it maybe an hour total...I debated keeping it as I liked it, it's a nice all around versatile cymbal, but it's too close to my Turk and Antique rides, so I returned it...well worth taking a chance on if anyone is curious, great price and free returns if you don't end up liking it
Do you remember what the weight was? I have one of these at 1868g and it's one of my favorite cymbals. Highly recommend.

afwdrums

Reaction score
I didn't weigh it, and this one didn't have any gram weight written under the bell like they usually have from the factory, but if I had to guess, I'd guess it's 19xxg +/- ...my 20" Turk weighs 1872g and my 20" Antique is 1940g...IF this New Orleans is the same one that I returned (it probably is), it felt very much in that same range, so much so that it was just a bit too close to my others, which is why I sent it back...definitely would have kept it if I didn't already have the other 2 that are so close

as a side note, I also now see a pair of 14" New Orleans hats on Amazon Warehouse too for only $196...that would likely make for a helluva nice pair with the 20" ride for just a hair over $400 in basically brand new condition...I'm half tempted now to buy the 20 back along with the hats at that price

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bear with me...
Spyderco made a Bushcraft knife with a spalted maple handle. Most of the handles cracked and they decided not to put them on the market. It was a $300 knife and they sold the entire production run for $99 a pop with the idea that the buyers would replace the handles. I bought six, thinking I would find one with a beautiful spalted maple handle which had easily fixable cracks. In fact I found two that met this criteria and sold the rest.

With Bosphorus cymbals the uncertainty of weight combined with very low prices have caused me to consider a similar play: buying a bunch, selecting the one I like best, and returning the rest. Has anyone done this?

Attachments

• 6250826346_751a7b5308_o.jpg
    6250826346_751a7b5308_o.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 8

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
With Bosphorus cymbals the uncertainty of weight combined with very low prices have caused me to consider a similar play: buying a bunch, selecting the one I like best, and returning the rest. Has anyone done this?
I suppose it could work if you buy them all at the low price at one time. For example, that $150 crash cymbal which shows 3 in stock, you'd have to buy all of them. Because if you buy just one, the price is going to change. So it would mean a ton of cash up front.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose it could work if you buy them all at the low price at one time. For example, that $150 crash cymbal which shows 3 in stock, you'd have to buy all of them. Because if you buy just one, the price is going to change. So it would mean a ton of cash up front.

Plus, I think you'd have to pay the cost of shipping on the ones you send back unless it was damaged.

I have yet to play a Bosphorus that I couldn't more than live with, YMMV.

afwdrums

Reaction score
Plus, I think you'd have to pay the cost of shipping on the ones you send back unless it was damaged.

wasn't the case for me, I just recently returned 2 Bosphorus cymbals to Amazon (I think the 20" New Orleans on Amazon Warehouse right now is likely the one I recently returned)...cost me nothing to give both cymbals a try, free return, 100% of my money back