header.nohb.html

Amazon deals thread

t-bird

Reaction score
What the hay is "acceptable condition"?
If it's the same one I bought from warehouse and just returned it's like new. It was just too bright for me. A couple stick marks and some fingerprints. Played far less than most cymbals selling for "new" at a place like Guitar Center.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
If it's the same one I bought from warehouse and just returned it's like new. It was just too bright for me. A couple stick marks and some fingerprints. Played far less than most cymbals selling for "new" at a place like Guitar Center.
hmm..

The next time someone asks me how my wife is doing I'm going to say she's in acceptable condition.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Reaction score
To each his own, but that ride is about the darkest I've played. Maybe the one you had was heavier, but I often find myself trying to pull a brighter sound from it by playing closer to the bell with nylon tip sticks. Great ride either way, in my book. Incredible controlled wash with a great, somewhat integrated bell (just enough separation from the body).

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
They're on the dry side. I have a flat New Orleans cymbal I like
Yes, but still expressive. I contend that the Bosphorus New Orleans stuff is a far more refined version of the K Special Dry series — it’s what the Zildjians ought to sound like but don’t.

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes, but still expressive. I contend that the Bosphorus New Orleans stuff is a far more refined version of the K Special Dry series — it’s what the Zildjians ought to sound like but don’t.
I have a K Special Dry crash and it might be a little too dry if you ask me.

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
While many of these prices are very good...it appears that no Amazon cymbals come with sound files of any type? I hardly ever buy without hearing...even though they are returnable. I'm impressed that you guys have had good experiences.

Rock Salad

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is of course possible it's dumb luck, but in my experience Bosphorus is just amazing. I have bought five sight unseen, and not only were they all really nice, four of them match together so well they may as well have been a pre pack

RBagg454

Reaction score
While many of these prices are very good...it appears that no Amazon cymbals come with sound files of any type? I hardly ever buy without hearing...even though they are returnable. I'm impressed that you guys have had good experiences.
Logistically, no way they can do sound files on everything. Thus the return policy...

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my K Spc dark ride and hats and even my 20” crash but the 18” isn’t so great …….The wife likes them though , she says most other cymbals annoy her and get in the way of her voice ..

I’m really curious to hear some Bosphorus though ……

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like ZBT hammering.
Sounds right, the truth usually lies in between.

Pricing is still a mystery to me. I had a brand new Bosphorus 22" Trad thin ride on order at Amazon for $219. They have a return for $358. The last Trad return I bought a couple of months back was a 19", like new, for $102. The returned Bos Antique 20" ride started at around $215, dropped to $192, then went to $197, now at $200.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Returned Bosphorus Cymbals K21RM 21-Inch Turk Series Ride Cymbal in "very good" condition for $167, half of their new price...

Never mind, I bought it. If it's not right for the types of music I'm playing it will be up for sale or swap at the July 17 swap meet in Chehalis.

edit: Received with the cymbal hanging out of the box through a large tear in the tape. I tore the tape the rest of the way and slipped it out, examined it while the UPS driver observed. Thankfully the cymbal was perfect, no scratches, chips, etc. At 2620 grams it is a solid medium, perhaps slighter lighter than an average medium. I see a 21" Traditional ride marked as a Medium Thin at 2584 grams and a 21" Turk ride at 2500 grams marked Thin. The ping is lovely with what I would describe as shimmer rather than wash. It crashes with a very long, albeit pleasing, decay; usable in conjunction with another crash but a specialty on it's own.

Last edited:

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
So all you have to do is order something via Prime, return it then repurchase it when it's relisted and marked down?