header.nohb.html

Amazon deals thread

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So all you have to do is order something via Prime, return it then repurchase it when it's relisted and marked down?
Except, they often only knock it down $10 and sometimes, inexplicably, they raise the price. I find about six to ten cymbals per year that are real bargains due to price.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Returned Bosphorus Cymbals K18CMT 18-Inch Turk Series Crash Cymbal, "Very Good" condition for $181:

In March I picked up an A18CMT for a half dollar less than that based on your deal reporting. Used it at gigs a few times so far. Thanks!

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

aarono2690

Reaction score
Copped it. I really loved the sound from what I heard.

I am also eyeing a used Tama Starclassic Performer. I may get both kits and use one as a jam kit or sell one if I don't like it as much as the other.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad those are 20/12/14, I already have three sets in that configuration so I wasn't really tempted to grab these. Maybe for a split second...

Moonman

Reaction score

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
PDP By DW Concept Classic 3-Piece Shell Pack with 24 inch Bass Drum Natural/Walnut, 24" (PDCC2413NT) https://a.co/d/4gVV2rs

Nearly half off PDP Concept Classic 24/16/13
You have to scroll down to the warehouse deal to see it for $624.
Usually the "used" are really new, open or damaged box. Often though, as talked about here recently. If it's a multiple box set, a drum may be missing. Still worth the risk as returns are easy.

aarono2690

Reaction score
You have to scroll down to the warehouse deal to see it for $624.
Usually the "used" are really new, open or damaged box. Often though, as talked about here recently. If it's a multiple box set, a drum may be missing. Still worth the risk as returns are easy.
I honestly think some of their "used" gear is from people buying a drum set, only receiving one box of two and returning it without using it.

T-Bird and I both saw that our drums were new and still wrapped in tissue/bubble wrap.

5stroke

Reaction score
WARNING!!! There is an Istanbul Mehmet Jazz Legend Dark hi hat in Amazon Warehouse. It has been bought and returned a half dozen times because when you click on the item and read the reviews they show a pair of hi hats. But in an answer to a question on 4/8/22 one person who bought and returned it stated that it was just the bottom hi hat cymbal.

I called Amazon to confirm this item could be returned by a Prime member and they said yes. I also noticed that Amazon sells the same hi hats new with the same "ASIN" number so I took the chance to buy this item, assuming it's both the top and bottom cymbal and not just 1 of them. The Amazon rep was as clueless as they all are, took 1/2 hour to explain my concerns and repeat the ASIN number several times after which he tried to give me the "Seller's" phone number to call --- they're in Turkey and have no idea what Amazon is selling from their warehouse. Whew- what a waste of time. But at $140 (over 50% off retail) for a possible hi hat pair that I had interest in, it was worth the minor effort to buy them. Will post back after receipt if they sent both hats or just 1! ( that 1 cymbal will be sent back immediately of course).

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called Amazon to confirm this item could be returned by a Prime member and they said yes. I also noticed that Amazon sells the same hi hats new with the same "ASIN" number so I took the chance to buy this item, assuming it's both the top and bottom cymbal and not just 1 of them. The Amazon rep was as clueless as they all are, took 1/2 hour to explain my concerns and repeat the ASIN number several times after which he tried to give me the "Seller's" phone number to call --- they're in Turkey and have no idea what Amazon is selling from their warehouse. Whew- what a waste of time. But at $140 (over 50% off retail) for a possible hi hat pair that I had interest in, it was worth the minor effort to buy them. Will post back after receipt if they sent both hats or just 1! ( that 1 cymbal will be sent back immediately of course).

Good luck. A reviewer stated that he received only one cymbal and returned it. This has been bought and returned 4 or 5 times; assuming of course that it is the same item rather than an unlikely coincidence.