header.nohb.html

Amazon deals thread

5stroke

Reaction score
Good luck. A reviewer stated that he received only one cymbal and returned it. This has been bought and returned 4 or 5 times; assuming of course that it is the same item rather than an unlikely coincidence.
I saw that right away and decided to take the minor risk anyways. Returns are usually simple and fast. Good old Amazon rarely disappoints in maintaining its under-whelming customer support, which is virtually no support as was the case here. If its that same damned cymbal, for sure I'll post that here and also on Amazon, unless they try to censor it out!
EDIT- After reading even a few more Amazon reviewers complain that Istanbul Mehmet/Amazon and Amazon Warehouse sales only sent 1 of the 2 hi hat cymbals-- including a reply directly from the 3rd party seller of these cymbals on Amazon ("Sounds Anatolian") stating they always ship both hi hat cymbals but have also received complaints from Prime Members about the 1 hi hat cymbal shipments by Prime-Amazon Warehouse) - I cancelled the order! $140 in today's market reeks of being sent just 1 hi hat cymbal. So, despite the no risk-return Amazon policy, there will be no roulette for me this round. Still considering these hi hats used if found at a justifiable discount for the pair and a reputable seller (which seems highly unlikely to happen!)

Last edited:

stuart s

Reaction score
Great complete set, Zildjian A Sweet Ride Cymbal Pack, used, very good condition $554

21" Sweet Ride, two crashes and hats:

I'm a Paiste diehard, but I got this set for around the same price. Its a wonderful set, the 21" makes a great crash too. I got a S mastersound bottom for the new beat for a b20/b12 sizzling combo- sounds great!

slow larry

Reaction score
Got a few items this week hit the Warehouse, mostly cymbals. WHD items are single iterations so they do sell fast at times.

Zildjian K Custom Worship Cymbal Pack $926, about 200usd under the new price. I’m not sure what “worship” means in this context. I’ve always understood it to mean suitable for pop and ballads, semi bright middle-of-the-road sound, but it lists K dart hats, so no idea.

https://smile.amazon.com/Zildjian-W...nid=10158976011&s=warehouse-deals&sr=1-4&th=1

Zildjian K Custom Dark Hats, $285, about 200usd under list. This seems a good deal.

https://smile.amazon.com/Zildjian-C...70&rnid=10158976011&s=warehouse-deals&sr=1-30

Bosphorus Black Pearl Hats 15’. $310. This isn’t as much of a deal but its hard to find Bos. BP in any condition for a reasonable price. I’d buy these myself but I have BP 14’ already and would struggle to explain to the wife.

https://smile.amazon.com/Bosphorus-...70&rnid=10158976011&s=warehouse-deals&sr=1-26

Lp Matador Timbales Brushed Nickel $380. I have these in chrome and love them. The Nickle looks cool.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Zildjian K Custom Worship Cymbal Pack $926, about 200usd under the new price. I’m not sure what “worship” means in this context. I’ve always understood it to mean suitable for pop and ballads, semi bright middle-of-the-road sound, but it lists K dart hats, so no idea.
It’s a prepackaged set of Ks that Zildjian put together to appeal to churches. Especially churches who have to buy drum equipment but don’t have a knowledgeable person doing the buying. This way they take the guesswork out of it for the average pastor or worship leader.

RBagg454

Reaction score
I've found it's more lack of knowledge on the warehouse people. We have a warehouse here, and I know people that work there. They probably grabbed the wrong box/boxes, a d trying to explain or correct it hard to do.

slow larry

Reaction score
The people that do the prep work for WHD items aren't knowledgeable in the merchandise they are handling really. They generally have a checklist of things they are supposed to confirm, but thing like "highats are usually 2 cymbals" or measuring a bass drum arent really part of that I guess. Even the catalog team for new musical instruments is a mess. Its just not a priority. I have noticed single hat listings being clearly marked as such lately though. The era of insane pricing mistakes seems over too; I got several new items like cymbals, guitars, hardware for 40-60% of what it should have listed at brand new. The best was probably a 1000usd classical guitar from Germany for 189usd. I really thought that would be cancelled and was shocked when it arrived. Esp since they'd fixed the price before it shipped. Got a brand new Bosph. 20" master ride for 179 too.

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my returns watch isn't seeing decent cymbals at compelling prices. The returned Kerope hi hats, for instance, had their price slashed from $650 to $624...

I want to see at least a third off before I list something here.

fatchoppers

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, my returns watch isn't seeing decent cymbals at compelling prices. The returned Kerope hi hats, for instance, had their price slashed from $650 to $624...

I want to see at least a third off before I list something here.
Man a few years ago I scored some great stuff.
Bosphorus Antique ride 24 for 125
Lots of soultone hi hats and rides under 160
Then there was some Mehmet stuff
I held on to a few of the larger Mehmet crashes.
There was mapex Saturn kits for 650 also
Remember the new genista blow outs.

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not really a surprise though...it was bad business for this stuff to sell so cheaply...while I love a steal of a deal...I think I'm glad many of these companies are doing what they need to do to stay in business.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
its not really a surprise though...it was bad business for this stuff to sell so cheaply...while I love a steal of a deal...I think I'm glad many of these companies are doing what they need to do to stay in business.
It also diminishes the value of their products in the minds of potential buyers who remember the blowout prices.