header.nohb.html

Amazon deals thread

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
It kind of does. Probably did some real brand damage to Bosphorus and Istanbul Mehmet.
Those two brands were established and strong enough to overcome the perception. It pretty much spelled the end of Soultone, though.

The sad part is the Soultones that I purchased are decent cymbals, and their smaller (19 & 20 inch) flat rides in any of their model lines are simply amazing IMHO. I have done my share of gigging with the Soultones that I purchased because for older rock and blues just about any of their model lines work well.

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

bpaluzzi

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a REAL nice drum rug on Amazon. I've purchased a few in the past, and they've always underwhelmed -- very thin vinyl material on the back, too thin to lay flat, etc.

This one is a bruiser. Heavy duty rubber underneath with a super-durable outdoor "parquet" style pattern on top. Strong recommendation -- it's the only thing I've found that's close to the commercial-grade Cintas entry rug I managed to find at an estate sale two decades ago. It's heavy -- listed at 20lbs, but honestly feels like more than that.

Currently $60 for the 46" x 72", which is what I purchased.

IMG_2605.JPG
IMG_2603.JPG
IMG_2604.JPG

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

chakosticks

Reaction score
Sort of a side note, I bought a Used - Like New 22" Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride off Amazon for $282 last year, sold by Amazon Warehouse, and other than some sort of cosmetic stain on one half of the top (almost like someone polished off some stick marks), the cymbal was indeed in excellent condition. The issue was that Amazon packed this cymbal in a huge box that could fit a bicycle frame and only used one sheet of brown paper for "padding" sort of just thrown in with the cymbal. Luckily it survived, but it's pretty low risk buying from Amazon since you can pretty much return anything if you contact them.

RBagg454

Reaction score
Sort of a side note, I bought a Used - Like New 22" Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride off Amazon for $282 last year, sold by Amazon Warehouse, and other than some sort of cosmetic stain on one half of the top (almost like someone polished off some stick marks), the cymbal was indeed in excellent condition. The issue was that Amazon packed this cymbal in a huge box that could fit a bicycle frame and only used one sheet of brown paper for "padding" sort of just thrown in with the cymbal. Luckily it survived, but it's pretty low risk buying from Amazon since you can pretty much return anything if you contact them.
Yea, I has that experience too. Luckily was ok

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got lucky, bought a returned Evans EQ3 Resonant Smooth White Bass Drum Head, 18 Inch for $9.53. Received a Evans EQ3 Resonant Coated White Bass Drum Head, 22 Inch in perfect condition. Someone must have ordered the 18, received the 22 and immediately sent it back. I have a use for the 18 but also have a use for the 22.

• Haha
Reactions: dtk

chakosticks

Reaction score
Got lucky, bought a returned Evans EQ3 Resonant Smooth White Bass Drum Head, 18 Inch for $9.53. Received a Evans EQ3 Resonant Coated White Bass Drum Head, 22 Inch in perfect condition. Someone must have ordered the 18, received the 22 and immediately sent it back. I have a use for the 18 but also have a use for the 22.
Wow that's a good deal for a kick head. I bought an Evans G2 Tompack, Clear (10 inch, 12 inch, 16 inch) for $18 as Used - Very Good. The 12 and 16 had a few stick arks on them but the 10 wasn't used. Probably wouldn't buy used heads from Amazon again as I was hoping it was just damaged packaging or something rather than actually used. Still got my money's worth though I'd say.

Shawn Martin

Reaction score
Found a REAL nice drum rug on Amazon. I've purchased a few in the past, and they've always underwhelmed -- very thin vinyl material on the back, too thin to lay flat, etc.

This one is a bruiser. Heavy duty rubber underneath with a super-durable outdoor "parquet" style pattern on top. Strong recommendation -- it's the only thing I've found that's close to the commercial-grade Cintas entry rug I managed to find at an estate sale two decades ago. It's heavy -- listed at 20lbs, but honestly feels like more than that.

View attachment 580313 View attachment 580314 View attachment 580315
I have a smaller one just like that.

chakosticks

Reaction score

View attachment 580313 View attachment 580314 View attachment 580315
The blue version of that is currently $54 and showing a 5% off coupon for me as well.

Six-Ply

Reaction score
I found a 14" Coated Vintage Emperor on Amazon last week "used" for $5 off the new price and way less expensive than the Coated Controlled Sounds. I took the chance and it looked new to me and I had no issues with the head fitting the snare. I figure I'd try something new. On a 14 x6.5" steel snare it has a touch of ring but still sensitive at the edges. Much better than an over damped head like a P77 or equivalent from Evans.

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Returned PDP 20-Ply Maple Snare with Wood Hoops and Chrome Hardware 14 x 5.5 in. "Like New" for $209. At a third off this might be of interest for the $200 wood hoops and the $70 DW Mag Throw Off as well as for the snare drum as a whole:

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score