Amosguy Joins Tommykat1 In Portland For a Rogers Lovefest

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Amosguy came from Seattle for a gig in Portland Saturday 8/10. He brought his incredible refinished Rogers XP8 kit in real KOA with script badges added for accent. This is a very, very special drum set that was rewrapped by forum member Jccabinets a few years ago.

Also, check out the Wildwood Dynasonic. That's about as rare as it gets. Way cool stuff.

Great to meet another DFO drum brother and fellow Rogers fanatic to boot!

Tom & George Cropped.jpg

KOA Back.jpg

KOA Front.jpg

utdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes all day to XP8's! Those look fantastic recovered in real Koa. Kudos to JC...I see too where you are using supports for your toms as opposed to the original Rogers pipes. I use pearl's Optimounts on my 12" and 13" toms to allow them to resonate as they should. Great rewrap and good to see you guys hanging, talking shop. how was the gig?

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
Too Cool!! Hey, I am imagining some sympathetic vibrations from the tom cymbal holder to the small toms that are cancelled out by the RIMS mounts? I may need one of those cymbal holders for my Big R set that also has RIMS mounts. Ace
P.S. I have a 15" X 12" Rogers tom shell that needs a wrap. Anyone have some Wildwood wrap laying around? Laugh! Ace

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Great to met up with Tommy, even if just for a little time. Great to put a real live face to a 10+ years Rogers friendship. Sorry you could not stick around fro the soundcheck, but that ended up taking longer than I thought anyway.

Gig was for a 50th birthday party for a friend of the guitar player. It was my actual birthday Staurday as well. And it turned out there were 2 other Aug 10 brithday people at the party as well! Even without meeting Tommykat1, it would have been a great day.

But he made it better.

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Too Cool!! Hey, I am imagining some sympathetic vibrations from the tom cymbal holder to the small toms that are cancelled out by the RIMS mounts? I may need one of those cymbal holders for my Big R set that also has RIMS mounts. Ace
Here is the cymbal holder I made from a damaged Big R tom mount. Cut off the arm and drill for stop screw.

IMG_20180203_135330633.jpg

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Great to met up with Tommy, even if just for a little time. Great to put a real live face to a 10+ years Rogers friendship. Sorry you could not stick around fro the soundcheck, but that ended up taking longer than I thought anyway.

Gig was for a 50th birthday party for a friend of the guitar player. It was my actual birthday Staurday as well. And it turned out there were 2 other Aug 10 brithday people at the party as well! Even without meeting Tommykat1, it would have been a great day.

But he made it better.
Amos, it was a ton of fun! Sorry I had plans for the evening with my GF and her kids. I would have loved to hear and see you play those killer XP8s in action.

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
Cool story !!

What was the gig like and who's the lefty ?

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Cool story !!

What was the gig like and who's the lefty ?
The gig was in a box of a room with nothing but reflecting surfaces. Other than that, the birthday crowd danced the night away and we played 3 encores.

The lefty is Amosguy................................ Ironically, the guy on the right side of the picture, but the left side of Tommy.

Latest posts