An eBay sucks rant.

madchops82

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ok, so I tried listing my Sonor S Classix set for $2,000 BIN. I can't. I am regulated to 16 items a month and $1,700 because of my 4.7 dsrs w/ communication and shipping time.

This sucks!!! How can I make a living? My feedback is good (99.7) and all the negs I've gotten have been borderline unfair. I can barely find guys on the drumforum and never Craigslist to buy my stuff and I sell at nice prices.

I feel as I'm being run by a dictatorship.

I sell my item, I work, I ship it out. With all the security on eBay, do you really need to know if I shipped it. I DID!!! Hold your horses and it's on its way. It's now out of my hands. Man, I've just about had enough. This sucks. I'm stuck with all these drums and I want them out.

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

atomicdave

DFO Star
Reaction score
gotcha on shipping info...it's nice and appreciated, but if the item is there in 3 or 4 days, who cares.....2 weeks, now that's different. Tracking numbers don't necessarly run the ratings....just an email to say 'i shipped your item today' is fine with me sometimes....for a larger and higher $ item like the kit you mentioned a buyer might want tracking info to eithr be home to recieve it or know when he can pick it up and where....and i though this would be about sellers fees ! Have a local friend list them for you, or maybe a forumite will do it...you'd just have to email pics and listing info....it'd be a lot to ask, but we are kinda a brotherhood here.

9Lb Tongue

Oily Beau Hunk
Reaction score
so you are saying because you have a 4.7 rating on shipping they will only allow you to list 16 items per month
AND only let you charge 1700 tops for a BIN?

In the words of Sherman T. Potter...That's complete horse hockey !

drewbertca

Reaction score
so you are saying because you have a 4.7 rating on shipping they will only allow you to list 16 items per month
AND only let you charge 1700 tops for a BIN?

In the words of Sherman T. Potter...That's complete horse hockey !

A M*A*S*H reference...I love it.

Sucks about ebay's rediculous rules.

vintagemore2000

DFO Star
Reaction score
"because of my 4.7 dsrs"

OK what's dsrs?

First I've heard of these limitations.
"Dealer selling ratings"!! WOW this is the first I've heard of this also, but it doesn't surprise me in the least! for us Sellers on ebay they could give a rats ass about us really! they will side most of the time with the buyer not the seller, hate the freaking company

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As I posted yesterday, Its OK for a buyer to take 2 weeks to pay though. No communication, nothing.

Again, who pays ebays bills? Ah thats right the sellers.

va87

Reaction score
:evil:I HATE Feebay and Slaypal! I can't remember the last time I bought something there. I go to various forums or C/L to buy stuff.

Doesn't surprise me at all that they're bending you over. It's how they do business. Pretty pathetic.

BTW, your Sonor's are beautiful! I have a S-Class Pro kit F/S here.......seems to me that high end drums don't move too well in the forums. I've had lots of very nice and complimentary comments, but no takers. Good luck! You are asking a fair price for those.

drummerfish

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
i stopped selling on ebay after they went to electronic payments only.that was what...3 years ago? i'm not going to pay fees upon fees for every sale. i never heard of a "Dealer selling rating" .i guess it depends on how much you sell on there.still,that's a load of crap.

i sell thru my site.and sure,i don't make as much during the week but i still make something w/o fees.unfortunately i might have to suck it up and sell on there again,because i have items like memorabilia that will only make what they're worth on there.

there's another auction site that was listed as the #2 most used auction site. its called ebid ( us.ebid.net ) i have yet to try it,but they say its alot better,lower fees and no additional fees.if they're listed as #2...that's not too bad.