And another slip into GAS....UPDATED: even newer gear.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just ordered this. Yamaha APX600. Price was right.
84858019-F880-4B8A-AC33-DDAE323CF16A.jpeg

And I got another keyboard. A Yamaha MX49. I’m using the keyboards to record ambient music for my wife’s videos. We found that using existing music for her meditation videos is a big No No in the YouTube universe. Duhhh.

950295B0-5888-4A63-9CBB-6918FE4C2110.jpeg

Last edited:

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Dan, if you go into the YouTube Studio there is also a whole library of music you can add to your videos with no problem. It has saved me a ton of time and recording. Lots of ambient stuff in there.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dan, if you go into the YouTube Studio there is also a whole library of music you can add to your videos with no problem. It has saved me a ton of time and recording. Lots of ambient stuff in there.
I'll make sure not to pass this along to my wife. It's the way I was able convince her I NEEDED another keyboard... ;-)

Thanks. I'll check it out.

stevil

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dan, you should plug your wife’s YouTube channel. I’m a fan of guided meditation and always interested in finding new teachers

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dan, you should plug your wife’s YouTube channel. I’m a fan of guided meditation and always interested in finding new teachers
Her main business plan is called Joyful Living. Meditation is not a primary selling point but is used as a tool in the shed. Her main focus is to show people how to eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle of which is where some meditation comes in. DM me if interested. I’m not sure plugs would be the right thing to do here. And thank you for asking. We both do meditate twice a day though and is a big part of our lives.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked out the available music library and you’re correct. The big problem I’ve found however is the length of the songs. Most often, she needs songs that are at least 5-7 minutes long and more often 10-15 minutes long. The longest I’ve found average 3 minutes. I could do looping but that will IMHO, be a distraction to the listener. At least to me it would be. Thanks for the awareness however.