Anderson no longer carries Keller!

egw

Reaction score
I sent a message to Bonnie about an order and was informed that they are no longer in the shell business. Quite a bummer.

Looks like Precision is the only place left, not that that's a bad thing. I'm all for supporting Precision.

Anyway, just spreading the word. Sorry if this is already common knowledge.

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Drumfoundry.com carries the magnum 5 ply shells.

Tommy D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think you can order direct from Keller as well so long as its their normal shells. Custom shells require a bigger order to be made.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
It looks like Cardinal Percussion will be carrying them.
Edit: Maybe just wood hoops.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've bought some shells from Stone Custom. Bernie Stone has some of the original Slingerland production equipment. He can make modern style shells but also offers three ply with rings. Those are what I have bought. I've decided that it makes more sense to use a new, old style, shell (3 ply mahogany/poplar/maple with maple rings) to build what I want rather than strip down an old drum. Cheaper too for most sizes. Recently had him make me two 14x14 3 ply shells for projects, which was a heck of a lot cheaper and more sensible than trying to find a vintage 14x14 and then stripping it. I've never bought any raw Keller shells although I have drums that were made from them. I know they are first rate but I don't see how they would be much better than what Bernie can make.

Attachments

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They are still active on IG with drum shell work. Maybe they split the company or something because they did change their IG name all of a sudden.

Latest posts