Another beauty I got today…..14” K.Zildjian ..Old Stamp….

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
nO cracks on this one….just an edge nick..but..not too long/deep…..got this with the 14” Trans Stamp….Thinking someone paired them together..long ago!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
typeIV @jmoll may be looking
don't know if he considers a IV a "full Fledged" Old Stamp.. they are..but they do stand out amongst that decorated group; ) "last of the Old Stamps" Bill Called them/ I said (shape was same - the density went up"

Last edited:

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that..I sent pics to jmoll earlier….He actually has “first dibs” on them…if interested..but….wanted to shown them on here..in case he is not interested…..Haven’t heard anything from him yet….

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
typeIV @jmoll may be looking
don't know if he considers a IV a "full Fledged" Old Stamp.. they are..but they do stand out amongst that decorated group; ) "last of the Old Stamps" Bill Called them/ I said (shape was same density went up"
What year is this..Joe?..Thx…

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
late 56-7-58-9..type IVa..that brief interlude before the Intermediates came on-stream Blair

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
This one and the thin Trans Stamp you found come together right in the New Beat top to bottom percentage. Probably sounded/sound great.

Mike

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
IV - as the first character (Middle) looks like a "J" (or "saxophone")
a - because the " made in turkey" - is "splayed" not wrapped tight- around the crescent
b - identical 'cept the "Made in Turkey" is wrapped tight around crescent
in either build is same.
which is - very old stamp visually but somehow stiffer and more monotone in sound and feel.
IV are very monotone. A cutting killin stick but mono in tone (due to stiffness +/- )nonetheless

cup change (height; breadth) (wider maybe deeper lathing) in following Intermediate era made it a different cymbal +/- entirely : )
three sound eras'- Old/Intermediate/New- due to builds; insignia change exactly matching sound change was - a wonderful freak / clarity of coincidences

IV were an outlier but still part of the Old Stamp family

Last edited:

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that..I sent pics to jmoll earlier….He actually has “first dibs” on them…if interested..but….wanted to shown them on here..in case he is not interested…..Haven’t heard anything from him yet….
He passed…so..still up for sale…

I was told $400 was in the BALLPARK….
but,I have “some room” ..if anyone is interested…Thanks!