Another drummer death. Ugg

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What the hell is going on? Cynic/Death drummer Sean Rienert dies at 48. Some kinda drummer killing virus going around. I never cared much for the album Human by Death, but I loved Cynic. Masterwork drumming from Sean. Uggg, ok 2020 knock it off

Last edited:

Wxmaggot

Reaction score
An incredible talent, playing some of the most challenging music you will hear. Even if you're not a fan of this type of music, you have to admire his talent and dedication to his craft. His skills at such a young age were amazing. I believe he was 19 when he drummed on Death's album Human. Folks consider this album one of the starting points for technical death metal. That album lead to my appreciation of metal, which I still enjoy to this day. RIP Sean

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A marvelous player and a really nice guy. I had the great fortune of meeting him several years ago. Very sad to hear about this. And at only 48? Wow.

Beefsurgeon

Reaction score
Damn.

Sean was an incredible drummer. We built some stuff for him at Spaun back in the day. I remember him as a really gracious and friendly guy. Dave Pimentel, co-founder of Spaun, was a *huge* fan of Sean's drumming. Especially the Cynic stuff. Dave introduced me to his music (by blasting it in the shop) and made me a fan.

The gift of music is precious. What a sad day.