Another one of those "I quit" threads!

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A quick reminder. All new generations possess the advantages forged by the generations before. It's how we progress as a species. (politicians excluded)
If I'm correct none of us played like the drummers before us without copying their advancements. This kid is a perfect example, plus he has an obvious inate ability.
Seeing young guys play all the wacky stuff they come up with to suit the music is supposed to be inspiring. It is for me and I can't play most of it.
As mentioned as long as he stays single (minded) doesn't knock up his girlfriend too soon and focused on developing his craft he could make a nice career for himself.
Good points. It’s worth adding that the younger generations have a distinct difference and advantage that most before them did not. Shared information on a vast, instant level wasn’t part of growing up for most of us. The quality and format of the information also changed drastically. I could point out a million examples but I don’t have to because we can all imagine and easily picture the difference between how it was and how it is today.

Kids today are living in the future in that regard.

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
One likely thing to this kid's credit is he's probably not sitting around all day playing video games or surfing the web.

EDIT: Like I am now :p

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I “quit” a long time ago.

But I’m still playing, and I intend to get better, even if the improvement is practically unnoticeable to anyone else.

It takes me 100 times the amount of time to barely learn sometimes that kid can synthesize intuitively. But I really enjoy my advancement. Sometimes I’m happiest and most fulfilled when I simply redefine victory.
Great, heathy perspective and well-put.

I haven't given up, but I'm more than happy making discoveries in my own way, on my own time and sort of "by ear." It might be viewed as an organic approach. However, I struggle with wanting to take a deep dive and go full on, or staying with the aforementioned approach. The awareness that I don't have seemingly infinite time to invest anymore kind of lowers the gate on my exit from that garage, into the world of drums that I might like to inhabit. Particularly if/when we can all get back to 'normal life.'

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Except for the poor kid can't afford a new snare drum head, at least he seems to feel the music. Which is more than a lot of drummers I've watch around our local area here.

Enjoyed the video, thanks for posting,
sherm

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Except for the poor kid can't afford a new snare drum head, at least he seems to feel the music. Which is more than a lot of drummers I've watch around our local area here.

Enjoyed the video, thanks for posting,
sherm
I think he's got a bright future. Just needs more maturity to get that Dave Weckl feel down.