Another Road Trip! This time for an XP8!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Didn't you sell a XP8 kit not so long ago?
No, a 20/13/16 Red sparkle Holiday. This kit is going into the studio and won’t move. Just picked them up. They’re in great shape! I had another XP8 Kit in the same finish 15 years ago. They were in rougher shape. Also this kit came with new Ahead bags. Thank you Shane! Nice guy!
Here’s a pic of my old kit. Man, the wrap was cracked all over.
90F2FE5C-5D72-43C7-8AFA-CC87A9A0E50D.png

Trilock_Gurtu

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
No, a 20/13/16 Red sparkle Holiday. This kit is going into the studio and won’t move. Just picked them up. They’re in great shape! I had another XP8 Kit in the same finish 15 years ago. They were in rougher shape. Also this kit came with new Ahead bags. Thank you Shane! Nice guy!
Here’s a pic of my old kit. Man, the wrap was cracked all over. View attachment 442429
Hmm, no. I thought it was a XP8, re-wrap, you put Rogers script badges on it, had a 24" kick...I swear it was you.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Nope. Not I. I’ve owned four Rogers kits. Two Holidays and the two XP8’s. I did buy a Fullerton 24 kick that was rewrapped by Precision that didn’t match my current blue Onyx kit. I only owned it a couple months because it bugged me because it didn’t quite match my kit. Sold it to an LA session guy.

Last edited:

tdcrjeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is that a barbell weight on top of the Hammond? Afraid the organ is too light and might float away? :icon_lol:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Is that a barbell weight on top of the Hammond? Afraid the organ is too light and might float away? :icon_lol:
The barbell weights are velcroed on there to add weight to the keyboard stand that’s sitting on top of the Hammond. Thing doesn’t move with two heavy keyboards are sitting there.