another TRAVIS BARKER (Mr Kardashian to you) THREAD.. how he made his 50 million

mydadisjr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Travis Barker, "King of Ink", is reportedly worth 50 million dollars.

You may ask yourself, "How so? Wasn't he just the drummer for a cheesy '90's pop-punk whiney band?"

I have the answer... he sells broken "celebrity owned" boom boxes on Reverb.com.

I love the description:

"The tape deck worked briefly upon testing but then stopped"

Comes with COA signed by Mr Barker.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Travis Barker, "King of Ink", is reportedly worth 50 million dollars.

You may ask yourself, "How so? Wasn't he just the drummer for a cheesy '90's pop-punk whiney band?"

I have the answer... he sells broken "celebrity owned" boom boxes on Reverb.com.

I love the description:

"The tape deck worked briefly upon testing but then stopped"

Comes with COA signed by Mr Barker.

If you educated yourself on contemporary music, you’d know Travis Barker is the contributor and producer of a pile of hit records — including during 2021 where he played on tracks for Machine Gun Kelly, Avril Lavigne, etc.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis Barker also got a much deserved payday through a successful lawsuit against Learjet, Goodyear Tire and other parties in relation to the 2009 plane crash he miraculously survived.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/travis-barker-settles-plane-crash-lawsuit-266449/
Yeah, I was gonna say, playing on their records wouldn't net him $50 mil. Producing maybe...but,lawsuit rich, ala Tracy Morgan with the Walmart crash. If playing on hits had much to do with wealth, Steve Gadd should be a gazillionaire. And that Gadd's not. More like barely a millionaire.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He owns a lot of businesses. Famous stars and straps, dta, rouge status, lasalle records, dta records. Restaurants. He has a lot of companies.

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so aside from his wealth and his totally obviously excellent taste in women, what do all of you think of him as a drummer?

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Ok so aside from his wealth and his totally obviously excellent taste in women, what do all of you think of him as a drummer?
He’s one of the most influential drummers is the past 30 years.

dsop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If you educated yourself on contemporary music, you’d know Travis Barker is the contributor and producer of a pile of hit records — including during 2021 where he played on tracks for Machine Gun Kelly, Avril Lavigne, etc.
That's right, and the new AFM scale is about $350,000 for every 15 minutes of generated output....

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Uber popular band, major hits, producer = mailbox money in perpetuity.

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
If he enjoys what he’s doing that’s enough. It does not matter what anyone else thinks.

Regardless…. Life is not about how much money you’ve got.

The US obsession with wealth being a measure of success or completeness, is nonsense.

Lots of the wealthy are tormented beings.

Some of the most zen people I’ve met, were subsistence farmers in the third world.

Your perspective and experience is its own thing.

It’s not a race.

Good luck to him.

Loathe tatts tho

Personal choice… but weird how nobody will put bad art on walls at home, but your body… sure, let’s go.