any Alesis kit owners.....?

Bolthead

Reaction score
I'm new here, and as I'm scrolling thru the threads, I'm noticing not many members own an Alesis kit, but rather Roland and Yamaha. I recently bought an Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit, only because of my budget. I realize Yamaha and Roland are the better of the 3.....I'm sure One day I will own 1 of those kits.

.....curious as to how many members here own an Alesis kit?

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have an alesis sample pad pro and SR16. I've also owned a midiverb.

I like the company over all. The sample pad isn't quite pro quality but its a good gate way drug/drum to bigger and better machines (in fact they've just made one too...).

Enjoy.

wackjob

Reaction score
I just bought my son a nitro mesh kit. I have had a little play and it seems ok as a beginners electric kit. It will have to do for a few years.

I will always remember the top of the range roland kit i had a play on when i last went to the music store. Awesome

Stu

wackjob

Reaction score
I just remembered i have an Alesis dm5 drum module from the late 90's. It is rack width and has more quarter inch jack inputs than the nitro module. I must get it out of storage.

Foamguy

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to all this. I'm looking to buy a Command Mesh Kit soon anything I should know about this kit.

wackjob

Reaction score
Pads are all small 8 inchers. Only one crash came with mine. Ride is single zone. Hihat pedal is basic. It certainly has limitations but.....

The kit is ok for the money. Metronome and recording facilities are good. You can even play along to an external music source . It does the job i wanted - for my son to learn on and me to practice grooves and rudiments on.

Stu

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have an Alesis 8 pad sampler that's pretty cool. I just use it for noises and samples with my acoustic kit. Solid piece of equipment. It took a little bit to get the hang of programming the pads but that probably wouldn't be an issue with a full size e-kit.

I've been looking at a nitro too for "neighbor friendly practice". How do like yours so far?

wackjob

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to all this. I'm looking to buy a Command Mesh Kit soon anything I should know about this kit.
Just noticed you said command kit, oops. I have the nitro which is a lower model in the range so i am not sure that what i said will still apply. Sorry.

Stu