Any Drum Equipment Under the Tree?

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

drumsdbes

Reaction score
To myself from myself. They weren’t quite Xmas gifts, but arrived in the same month. Close enough.

Tama SLP snares:
Spotted Gum 14x6.5
Big Black Steel 14x8

Tama Jeremy Colson sticks. One is butt-ended at both ends to cut out the middle man.

Trick dead blow beater
dw large felt beater (best felt beater I’ve tried)
View attachment 476656
How do you like the Spotted Gum? And thanks for the beater tip... I'm still trying to find one I love!

bbunks

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was looking at those brushes - let us know what you think!!
I like them, but know I have wire brushes, blastiks, and other “brush like” tools. It’s fun to have a range of things to use.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you like the Spotted Gum? And thanks for the beater tip... I'm still trying to find one I love!
I'm liking the Spotted Gum quite a bit! The main characteristic I like is that it doesn't flatten out and get thin when brought up higher. It keeps a good, solid note. I also really like the clear overtone you get from hitting off center rimshots. Great drum.

The dw beater might be my all time most liked. It produces a broader, larger thump and punch than even my square Danmar and being rounded, it returns better. Highly recommended!

halldorl

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
To myself from myself. They weren’t quite Xmas gifts, but arrived in the same month. Close enough.

Tama SLP snares:
Spotted Gum 14x6.5
Big Black Steel 14x8

Tama Jeremy Colson sticks. One is butt-ended at both ends to cut out the middle man.

Trick dead blow beater
dw large felt beater (best felt beater I’ve tried)
View attachment 476656
Have you given the Spotted Gum a spin yet?

EDIT: Just saw your response above :)

itsjjp

Reaction score
I'm happy to oblige. 22" Stagg Flat Ride. I've removed the logos. Very pretty sounding ride with semi-woody stick and just a whisper of dragon's breath. Makes sense since it was made in China, likely by Wuhan or perhaps Dream. That was a nice surprise from my wife. I asked for it, but didn't expect to get it. Our son got me a Remo Silent Stroke practice pad off my Amazon wish list. To cap it off, I also got Rolling Stone magazine's Rock and Roll Party Game.

Attachments

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Nothing under the tree, but I did pick up some non-drum gear because a weekly jam session in which I participate is firming up to be a trio or quartet. I sprung for a QSC K8.2 speaker and Mackie ProFX10v3 mixer. The mixer can handle the electric guitar because two inputs can be switched from line to Hi-Z. It will accommodate two mics (the pianist and guitarist also do vocals), as well as an electric keyboard since dragging a grand piano around is not fun.

Here is a clip of us doing a tune while crammed into the pianist's small place. I think the group has potential and the gear I snagged is perfect for what we want to do, Besides, I have too much drum gear to add to even more.