header.nohb.html

Any Idea What’s Up With Lone Star Percussion?

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to get a hold of Lone Star Percussion since last Friday when we got home from our trip. Imagine my surprise when we opened the door to our front porch and found two boxes sent to my address in the name of two different people. The only thing that I can figure out is that I had a purchased a few things there several years ago and they somehow managed to screw up twice with the address. Neither of the contact numbers on the shipping labels are current, either. A Facebook search turned up nothing on the buyers, one of whom had a very unusual name. I checked Lone Star’s Facebook page and there hasn’t been a lot of activity on it recently. I’ve sent them emails, got one call in before their voicemail box filled up, and have gotten zero response. Anyone in the area know what’s up? They were prompt when I dealt with them a couple of times, this level of screw up and lack of response seems out of character. Obviously, they can check emails anytime if they aren’t there to pick up the phone. I hope that there’s nothing serious going on.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Same here, except for drumline equipment which is a real drag.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Friday recording: "We're closed today, but leave a message." "Inbox full."
Monday recording: "We're closed today, but leave a message." "Inbox full."
Tuesday recording: "We're closed today, but leave a message." "Inbox full."
Email: no response.

Tornado

DFO Star
Reaction score
Shamefully, I have never been inside there even though I'm local. But they don't keep hours that allow me to visit.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Shamefully, I have never been inside there even though I'm local. But they don't keep hours that allow me to visit.
In grad school I drove hundreds of miles to play all their tambourines and triangles, and buy the best ones. It's pretty sad what's happening.

Tornado

DFO Star
Reaction score
In grad school I drove hundreds of miles to play all their tambourines and triangles, and buy the best ones. It's pretty sad what's happening.

I try to order from them online since I know I'd have it in the next day or two. But they don't seem to ever have what I need in stock.

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Back in high school and college (80s) I bought a lot of stuff from Lone Star. Hope all is well with them.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I grew up studying and marking up their skinny, imageless, paper catalogs.
Now I'm considering finding another primary vendor. It's a real downer.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was dealing with the backorders, but the communication breakdown is unacceptable.

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Guitar Center in south San Jose was closed yesterday as only two employees showed up.
Things are getting rcuriouser and curiouser.
Maybe they can't people to show up.

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up studying and marking up their skinny, imageless, paper catalogs.
Now I'm considering finding another primary vendor. It's a real downer.
Same here! I remember the day the flyer arrived in the mail and I opened it, discovering they had started to carry Premier kits. I was one happy camper.

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
Their Facebook page is starting to blow up a bit, apparently I’m not the only one who’s wondering what is going on. Several people have been waiting months for orders and haven’t been able to get an answer. One of the posters claimed that they were “belly up.” I do know that most store generated content is outdated, and no one connected with the store so far is responding to what are some pretty negative posts.
Maybe I can keep monitoring their Facebook page and hopefully the two poor souls waiting for their gear will post on there!

gmiller598

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would assume business should be good because I'm under the impression a lot of school in Texas use Lone Star and band/marching percussion in Texas is massive. They spend a lot of money.

With that being said, Paul Rennick and Mark Ford at the University of North Texas are Innovative Percussion endorsers (also former drum set professor Ed Soph). Texas percussion is like a cult and they do and say whatever those 2 use. Innovative is having huge issues delivering products to customers and can't manufacture enough to meet their demand. I would not be surprised that many schools in Texas also use IP equipment and are stuck waiting for their orders and/or looking for alternatives and this could be causing a huge issue for retailers who sell a lot of their product.

Hell hath no fury like a band/percussion director of a marching band who needs sticks mallets and heads for their fall competition season and can't get it.