Any love for Taye

little rock

Reaction score
That was one of two kits I wish I had gotten. The other was a MDS (Modern Drum Shop) set.

Northamusi

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m a FOH engineer and I work with a drummer who was a Taye endorser until they went out of business. We do tons of fly dates (which translates to rented backline gear) and every time he played a rented Taye kit, it sounded great. The drummer owned a few kits and IIRC, one was a gold lacquer like you’d find on a gold top Les Paul. It was stunning, both visually and sonically.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is Tayes top line drum kit?
use drop down menu

Original
ParaSonic
StudioMaple StudioMaple BeBop
StudioBirch
GoKit
ProX
Galactic
RockPro
SpotLight

website is dated 2017
the top 4 were similar in top end-ed ness
the bottom 4 the low end
with the GoKit tween

wasn't clear at a glance

Last edited:

5stroke

Reaction score
Apparently Taye lives on, being available in used condition for sale on several web sites including Guitar Center and Reverb.

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bass player I know had a tour kit (18/12/14) at his home. We did some outdoor Covid practices using it and though he liked the kit dead (rags on drums etc)...the drums had a lot of tone and the stained finish was very very nice.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I knew nothing about Taye, but found this interesting:

Not quite accurate. Taye was (is?) an Asian manufacturer that started off making drum parts that were used by a lot of the major drum companies, and was in existence quite a few years before making drums under their own name. Even when Ray Ayotte became involved they had their warehouse in California, so I don't think they were ever considered a Canadian drum company. Even though they pronounced the name of the drum company "tie", the guys who had been around the drum industry for years pronounced it "tie-ee".

Esotericdrums

Reaction score
Never had a kit but did own a wood hoop studio maple snare.

Single worst drum I’ve owned, sold now. It had a horrible uneven bearing edge which I have since read can be a common problem with them.

But worse yet, is several lug gaskets broke, and 3 lugs broke as well. After getting ahold of them I received replacement parts 3 months later from China. Replaced the broken pieces only to have the same issue again within a year. I ended up ordering all new lugs and replaced them and sold it as fast as I could.

Beautiful drum though, I did get an awesome baby photo of my son with it!

319AA63E-8772-4C59-95DB-73E84B34C0F8.jpeg
64097E99-ADE1-458F-B26C-B9C58DCB088A.jpeg
5326D899-DF1A-4A41-A2A9-41E371757D25.jpeg
6F385521-B1E1-471B-9E2E-7A93862B9D82.jpeg

Last edited: