Any NAMM rumors?

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Dw soft released the 5p butt.

“Designed to offer drummers more snare drum versatility, this 5-positon butt plate features five tension presets that can be activated instantaneously via a gear shift-style lever. Available in all five DW Custom Shop drum hardware finishes, it can be easily retrofitted to any DW snare drum. the perfect campanion to the MAG Throw-Off.”

Especially cool with the recent soft released Mini-MAG, and Universal Mini-MAG strainers.

I hope zildjian will release their version of the Clapstack prototype.

1610355164432.png

f.stahlenius

Reaction score
Been trying to convince Istanbul Agop to release a 40th Anniversary set (at least a ride)... Something a bit heavier, 2350-2650g. Because 2021 is all about definition.

Looks like some kind of "Traditional Jazz" line (at least 14", 20", 22" sizes) will come out in 2021. Looking at the logos, bells, hammering and lathing, it will be something like the previous Traditional Jazz Ride that later became the Dark Ride. Latest introductions (Clapstack and Xist Dry Dark, as well as size and weight expansions in their Agop Signature line, and the Sterling signatures) was perhaps more adventurous but nonetheless, always interesting to see the directions taken!

Also, I wish Agop would offer more variety in weights. I know custom order is an option, been doing quite a bit of those myself - but due to the pandemic/restrictions/workload (I guess) Agop put a halt on these at the moment.

In general, would love to see some more experimental Signature rides. Or, how about a "Fusion Turk" (Turk version av the Fusion/TW ride, or the Epoch ride) with rivets, some weird china varieties, 13" hi hats in the 30th series, or just hi hat oddities in general - and, more/different bell choices!

nmosko

Reaction score
I’d like to see Pearl expand its signature lineup. I’d also like to see Mapex completely rebrand themselves and issue entirely new lineups except for the black Panther snares (best snares out right now IMHO).

above all, I want Vic Firth to get back into the oak drumstick market.

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see that Paiste seperated their Signature Reflector cymbals from the Signature lineup on their site. Hopefully that means they are expanding on the Reflector lineup!

dje31

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not a rumor, but Paiste has revamped their entire website. It's REALLY good!!!
(Shameless plug) Here's my new Paiste artist page.

Very nicely done, and nice of them to include three different set-ups for me.
They are a great company, and they make wonderful musical instruments!
MSG
Thanks for the heads-up. Great update to the website, was just on the old version a couple of days ago.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
Not a rumor, but Paiste has revamped their entire website. It's REALLY good!!!
(Shameless plug) Here's my new Paiste artist page.

Very nicely done, and nice of them to include three different set-ups for me.
They are a great company, and they make wonderful musical instruments!
MSG
That’s a really nice “artist page”! Very cool.

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sign up with company newsletters, I just got the new info from Meinl and that tells me everything they are doing.

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This right here. I have nearly bought three awesome kits, but stopped short of making the purchase after finding out the depth of the kick drums. The days of the "cannon kick" are over.
Agreed. Simon Phillips and Ian Paice have been saying the same thing for 5 years now. I know most companies offer the 14" depth, but there are still way too many 18" depths being pushed. I've been sitting at 16" depth and I'm jones in' to get a 14". Just better response. There are enough products nowadays, (tone shapers, Powerstroke heads, etc.) that can give you the bottom lows without needing those deeper depths.