Any NAMM rumors?

XVIII Airborne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wish Yamaha would offer more than a handful of colors on all their drums, except PHX. I would LOVE to see an end to all satin finishes, just boring boring boring to me. Rant over.

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Mapex will bring back mydentity...maybe supporting higher shell lines.

I'd like to see something like Alesis/Yamaha/Roland offer cheaper pads with sampling etc for us non pros....

UptownShakedown

Reaction score
Never did NAMM, have always been on the fence if it was something I wanted to do or not. Is it cool? Think I would rather do Chicago drum show where it feels like there's more to buy.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Never did NAMM, have always been on the fence if it was something I wanted to do or not. Is it cool? Think I would rather do Chicago drum show where it feels like there's more to buy.
It will definitely be cool your first time (and it was cool back in the day). I started going to NAMM around '98 and have gone somewhat regularly -- I've skipped a few years here and there. If you like to see more than just drums, it can be a neat place (though there's plenty to see in the drums section). It just seems to have gotten louder and louder (or I'm just getting older and older -- this one is a fact, ain't it?).

ARGuy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
NAMM is still a trade show, so almost all the buying is done in the form of orders by dealers that will be delivered to them later. I believe some of the exhibitors at NAMM will sell some of their display items, but it's not a "shopping" show like Chicago is.

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweetwater just sent an email with new NAMM releases from Tama, PDP, Sonor, Meinl, Ludwig, Yamaha and Roland. Ludwig seems to have a couple of new finishes for the NeuSonic line, that was the only thing that caught my eye.

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paiste added some new stuff and brought back some old stuff to their site/lineup today.
- 19” & 20” Signature Power Crashes
- 20” & 22” Signature Power Rides
- 14” & 15” Signature Power Hats
- 14” Signature Heavy Hats
- 22” Signature Mellow Ride

That’s all I noticed. There may be more. I know I’m buying a new 22” Sig Power ride and 19” Sig Power crash for sure. Once they hit stores lol.

Last edited: