Any of you have a one-trip kit?

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
These carts look great - but I seem to encounter stairs all the time.
That’s interesting. I haven’t had to use stairs for a gig in about 10 years, but moving my hardware bag up those stairs was a monster. I’d be wrecked before I could even start setting up.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
These carts look great - but I seem to encounter stairs all the time.
...this sounds like a job for.....

UPCART HERO DOLLY!

Yeah, its a bit light, but if your kit's not too big it should work just fine...addresses the stair problem, anyway.
I also found this Amazon page that shows some other stair climbing trucks.

Elvis

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anybody see these yet? They just announced em. Seems like a prime candidate for the one-trip. I’m considering it...

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Targalx, the name of the dolly is a link to their website.
Go there and they have that information.
Also, the Amazon link I left features some dolly's that seems a little sturdier, if the Upcart isn't enough for your needs.

Elvis

Browny

Reaction score
Not even close. Thinking about a cart/trolley but need to find a big one that isn’t too bulky when packed or costs an arm and a leg.

38” (I think) hardware bag with wheels, sticks and all extras in here.
Bags for 13”, 14” snare, 14” with leather throne top inside, 16”, 26”.
22” cymbal backpack.

I normally do it in 3 trips:
kick and cymbals
Hardware and snare
Toms and throne top

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Finally picked up a Rock N Roller cart and love it! Got it down to 2 trips now, but I admit I haven't experimented a lot with stacking options. Even 2 trips though, it sure beats 4 or 5 trips where you are carrying everything. It's already worth the purchase for me, especially as I think forward to any outdoor festivals where I have to walk a significant distance to the stage. I should have bought one years ago.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A small Toolmaster folding cart from Costco. 18”12”14” & snare, hardware (Tama Classic), one tom in hand and cymbals on the back. Takes almost no space in the trunk when folded.

7EFE0DE5-80E3-46FC-9A60-4C58EA333F57.jpeg

F78CE2E8-B861-49C6-84DC-168F1545443C.jpeg

6496D6C0-8D3F-4C1D-A0AB-9784126146C8.jpeg

Last edited:

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Boston makes using a cart pretty much impossible. Half of the venues here are upstairs or in a basement.

I have it down to a two trip run.

Trip 1: Cymbals on my back, snare and floor tom in my right hand, rack tom and bass drum pedal case in my left hand.
Trip 2: Bass drum in my left hand, wheeled hardware bag in my right hand.

Is it great? Nope. But it gets me there.

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That dolly seems to be a little taller than other folding type, most are to short to track or balance properly.

sherm
I like it. It’s cheap, light, really solid and well made. It’s also very easy, fast and smooth to operate. The similar rock’n’roller Mini-cart I had was of a lot inferior quality although the fork was longer. No comparison.

Bongo Brad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not all carts are the same.

I found a cart sitting just inside the doors last night, loaded up my gear, and by the time I got on the elevator 10 feet from the door 1/2 my gear was on the floor.

DannyPattersonMusic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I can bring my drums in 1 trip, using either my 18" kick or the 22" kick setup and without any straps. I use the Humes & Berg Enduro Pro cases stack them on top of each other, an Ahead hardware sled and a Reunion Blues cymbal bag and all stacks behind each other on my Magliner hand truck/dolly.