header.nohb.html

Any opinions on Ludwig`s Carl Palmer snare?

Dsavala

Reaction score
I have one, gorgeous to look at and for me it’s more of a show piece. I haven’t spent too much time playing it as I’m favoring deeper depth brass snares right now.

tosmos331

Reaction score
What do you think about using this drum for Jazz settings (combo)? Just curious due to its size/depth.

tempobob

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I love mine. I tried various batter heads And removed the lock bolts and replaced them with lug locks. It sounds great w brushes. Its sounds really good and is great eye candy.

JimmyM

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What do you think about using this drum for Jazz settings (combo)? Just curious due to its size/depth.
Since Carl is a very jazzy sounding drummer who tunes his kits more like Buddy Rich than John Bonham, I see no reason you couldn’t use it for jazz.

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dig that size...and I thought it was a pretty cool look/build. Ludwig doesn't do many signature drums do they?

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
You know the rule about not wearing gold and silver jewelry at the same time … because it clashes. I apply the same idea to putting brassy pieces with chrome hardware … It’s as much of a faux pas as a back belt with white shoes.

Plus, I think touring as Emerson, Lake and Palmer whilst Emerson and Lake are long dead is embarrassing. I could never love a green frying-pan shaped drum.

Thanks for asking for my opinion.

70's Drummer

Reaction score
I bought one a couple of years ago. It was a beautiful drum, no problems with the strainer. I sent it back because there was always a weird overtone coming from the drum, not a ”normal” overtone. After taking the rims off and checking everything over, I found that the shell was not level and neither were the rims. I’m sure this is not the norm for this series as I have seen many great reviews for this drum and the Black Magic series.