any Polytone amp fans?

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
I tried to learn bass when i was in highschool. I was lent an adequate bass but bought myself a polytone mini brute 3 amp (15" speaker/100watts i think). and i kept it when i quit bass because it handled drum machines and e drums well.

i traded it for a toa head and two speaker cabs (a proper practice PA).

anyway...i recently saw the music go round had a Minibrute PA-120... they made a 3 channel 120 watt PA....it was for sale...used of course...i had some drum stuff no one wanted...I sold it to them (quarters on the dollar, but i wasn't using it).

loved it...bought it...have no use for it...but with an up coming move it will be easier to move!

Targalx

Reaction score
Yes. My guitarist in my jazz combo uses a 15 inch Polytone and it sounds terrific. I remember when I was in college, all the amps that the guitarists and bass players used in our jazz bands were PolyTones. The school must have gotten a good deal on them or someone knew what they were ordering. Probably the latter, because when I was drumming in the jazz band, the primary drum set in the band room was a bright red Yamaha Recording Custom 18/12/14 with K Customs. Not a bad set!

tris66

Reaction score
Funny, I just ran across a Polytone keyboard amp today at the local store. Sparsely populated out here, so you don't see many Polytone gadgets around. Here is some more Polytone pictures for anyone who has Polytone GAS. (My GAS tends to run a bit more monotone.) $200 for a vintage piece... foot switch and papers included. Add it to your collection, dtk. I'd bet you'd have one of the biggest Polytone collections in the country. :laughing6:

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
tris66 said:
Funny, I just ran across a Polytone keyboard amp today at the local store. Sparsely populated out here, so you don't see many Polytone gadgets around. Here is some more Polytone pictures for anyone who has Polytone GAS. (My GAS tends to run a bit more monotone.) $200 for a vintage piece... foot switch and papers included. Add it to your collection, dtk. I'd bet you'd have one of the biggest Polytone collections in the country. :laughing6:
well i already have a bigish Walburg and Auge collection...
where is that Poly? I get shipping would be a beast...I'd love to get the cab that cab that came was traded in with

tris66

Reaction score
dtk said:
well i already have a bigish Walburg and Auge collection...
where is that Poly? I get shipping would be a beast...I'd love to get the cab that cab that came was traded in with
Middle of MT. It looks like a heavy beast. Shipping would cost a second mortgage.

Latest posts