Any recent customers of London/Igen/Customdrumsticks?

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
My favorite sticks were custom-made by Rich Sticks, but then they closed. I tried a bunch of similar models from various brands and they were all "fine", but not as good. Based on positive comments here, I took a gamble on a brick from Los Cabos, and it was not a winning gamble for me. Partly because the model I ordered ended up not being quite what I like, and partly because the red hickory proved to get chewed up just like regular sticks, and I play jazz! Whereas my old Rich sticks are still not chewed up, after years of use.

Obviously the actual guy Rich has been here promoting his wares for some time, under various brand names; I haven't seen posts recently, but then again I took several months away from this forum myself, so maybe he's around. Presumably he (under the London brand name) is using the same sort of hardening techniques that would have made the Rich Sticks so durable. Anyone here ordered from them in the last year or so? How's the product and service? Any comments pro or con ordering from them?

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been using Jeff Rich's sticks for about three years, I go through about a dozen sticks a year, mostly the tips eventually wear out on me. Most gigs I play light but we have some where I'm playing pretty hard and that's probably where they get beat. I really like them though and being able to have custom is great. I bought a pair of 5A stock London sticks last month to check out and they seem to be the same high quality. Price though has doubled they are $12 a pair plus shipping. Jeff is a member still here but is usually busy making sticks. I talk to him on Facebook, if you have any questions and aren't on Facebook I'll tell him to check in here.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks! I really would rather talk to customers like yourself, rather than Jeff; his communication style is not my cup of tea. But I am pretty well sold on the quality of the sticks.

Do you still use any other brands? If so, do they wear out any differently than Jeff's, in your experience?

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Los Cabos also, got the Nylon tips to try out have only used them a little bit. I don't really like the sound of nylon but sticks are getting so expensive and really tips are what wear for me. I haven't used any other brand of wood tips since switching to Jeff's but can say they last longer than my Promarks were 3 or 4 years ago. But wood against metal and metal will win eventually.

A little expensive to experiment but I ended up paying $17ish for 1 pair of London sticks shipped. I don't like the Vic Firth style small acorn tip but they are perfect for low volume gigs and make a big light crash sound good as a ride.

"poppies"

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Really surprised to hear about your experience with Los Cabos. I also loved Rich Sticks, and found LC Red Hickory to be just about as long lasting for me.

Igen Drum Sticks

Making Drumsticks since 1984
Reaction score
Not more moisture...that was not the reason as the inventor and founder I know what makes them stronger they didn't have enough time to get that understanding from me. My steelheart sticks only come from the process I do and further refined after my misfortune with that company. They are only available through http://londondrumstick.company I am the one that makes all the drumsticks using my process learned after 35 years. I don't handle any of the sales and do not usually interact with customers.

Latest posts