Any Roland TM-6/TM-1 users?

Whitten

Reaction score
Today I'm announcing a new expansion pack for the TM-6 Pro.
30 new kit presets using 177 new, all original samples (not in the TM-6 Roland library).
Also, a free sample pack for the Roland TM-1. 30 free drum samples - which is the number of samples the TM-1 holds in it's onboard memory.

iruderman

Reaction score
Today I'm announcing a new expansion pack for the TM-6 Pro.
30 new kit presets using 177 new, all original samples (not in the TM-6 Roland library).
Also, a free sample pack for the Roland TM-1. 30 free drum samples - which is the number of samples the TM-1 holds in it's onboard memory.
I use a TM-1

Whitten

Reaction score
How are you finding it?
Grab another 30 samples for it - basically bass drum and snare sounds. Free, no cost.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Do you offer samples that are compatible with Yamaha modules? I recently got into hybrid drumming with the Yamaha EAD10 system. I've been considering adding triggers to combine samples with the acoustic sound picked up the EAD's mics. The EAD has internal samples but I'd like to be able to import additional samples into the module.

Whitten

Reaction score
Hi,
Our samples are 24 bit.
We could export 16 bit for Yamaha I guess. I'm a Roland user, so in the first instance I've been concentrating on their platform. But it certainly makes sense to branch out.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. If you ever develop anything, especially snare, tom, and bass drum samples, that would work with Yamaha modules, please let us know. I would be very interesting in trying these out.

Tymp2002

Reaction score
I absolutely love my TM-1! Adding kick and snare layers to my acoustic kit. Also using them for sound reinforcement. I have one overhead condenser mic for cymbals and toms. I've been doing this before Yamaha came out with EAD. If I add another overhead condenser; and run some effects on my mixer - the only thing I'm missing is recording - but I have that covered by more conventional means.

Still thinking about moving to the TD-6. Not sure I can justify the cost right now.

Will check out the free samples - thanks!

-Tymp

Whitten

Reaction score
Please do, and get back to me with feedback - whether they are doing something for you or not.

Whitten

Reaction score
One thing I do with the TM-1 (and TM-6) is load up ambience only samples. So we mix a drum from our studio session using only the room mics and none of the close mics. This makes a great alternative to digital reverb. If your kit is sounding too dead or dry, just use ambience only samples to add some space around the kit. It sounds more organic than reverb FX.

Latest posts