Any Sonor Drummers here?

flatwins

Reaction score
I got an insane deal on a Delite bop kit last year (under $500 with a bunch of hardware/sticks) and I love it. The shells just have a ton of sustain and sound super warm. Between this and my "rock size" Noble and Cooley kit, I think I can cover pretty much any sound I'd need.

View attachment 495171
You absolutely stole it! Delites are fantastic. I foolishly sold one a few years back.

flatwins

Reaction score
Good to “see” you, Frank. I gave up on Facebook for various reasons but have missed the drum pages there for sure. Plus I’m needing a few Champion-era parts so I figured I’d put up a wanted post here on the forum.

Butch1970

Reaction score
SOON!......

I was looking for a Vintage Series 12/14/18 in the new Rosewood finish that seem to be a bit thin on the ground at the moment, but came across what I hope to be a very nice SQ2 with Beech shells :)

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
SOON!......

I was looking for a Vintage Series 12/14/18 in the new Rosewood finish that seem to be a bit thin on the ground at the moment, but came across what I hope to be a very nice SQ2 with Beech shells :)
Forum member Murat has a 20/12/14 Rosewood Sonor Vintage coming soon . Maybe that would interest you ?

Butch1970

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up, NCN! I may still investigate the Vintage Series at some point becuase of their medium-beech shells. The SQ2 with vintage-shells that I bought will be here in a few days. I'll try to post some pics once it arrives.

I've had a Sonor kit on my mind for a long time. LOVE some of the kits that I've seen current players using - mostly in the maple and birch offerrings - but I decided to go for the beech sound, especially in a Jazz config.

Last edited: