Any Tama 1st Chair users? Roc n soc hugger?

Pat A Flafla

Reaction score
I love my (no-back) Roc-N-Socs so much I've been thinking about replacing my office chair with a backrest equipped Roc-N-Soc Nitro. I'm sure I could find casters that fit at Lowe's Depot Mart.

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've got the xl round rider on my practice kit. Absolutely love it, and one of the few thrones that the padding has held up on.

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
After trying out some thrones yesterday, I decided to go with Roc n Soc nitro, but the hugger model which is a little smaller and lighter and portable version.
now I need to decide on cloth vs vinyl. I like the look of the vinyl but I couldn’t find one in store to compare comfort level to the cloth one. I assume cloth top is more soft and comfortable!??

Has Anyone tried both cloth and vinyl top? @musiqman have you?

Last edited:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only First chair I've owned broke after a couple years use. I've had Roc'n Socs since and I know own four (gigging, studio, behind my ekit and one in Florida where I keep an extra kit when I play down there). All hydraulics and not the round.

Hemant

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have both. I use the Tama hydraulic first chair saddle with back rest for gigging. I love the fact that the back rest flips down for packing and fits perfectly at the top of the hardware bag. The R-n-S is set up on the home kit.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have a hydraulic with the Hugger seat that stays in my practice room. And then I have a separate Hugger seat that I put on a lightweight Yamaha base for gigging. To be honest, I don't like the hydraulic, but I think it's because I don't weigh enough to activate it and really get the benefits from it. For instance, if I need to adjust the height, I have to get someone heavier to sit on it to push it down. I've actually been thinking of replacing the base with a spindle base. Obviously, most here probably wouldn't have this problem, since I am a petite woman. Lol. Still, it's frustrating that a product doesn't work for all body types. I do like the size of the Hugger, though. It fits in my hardware bag without breaking it down, which is how I prefer to carry my throne.
Which model Yamaha base are you using?

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first drum seat/throne was a metal milk crate! Boy have times changed!

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had a 1st chair cloth top, cycle style seat for a long time and it was great but it was bigger than I liked when I got a little older so I switched to a cloth top 1st chair round style and it is great as well. I have zero complaints.

TWTDrums

Reaction score
Roc n Soc was a life changer for me. I have the spindle. I like the stability of the spindle, if only psychologically.
It IS heavy though, so if portability is a factor, it's a definite weight commitment.