Any Viable Alt's to Butcher's Wax?

kookel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've used Butcher's for years. A can lasts forever. Now that I'm looking to get a fresh can, I'm seeing the SC Johnson paste wax pop up a lot. Anybody use this stuff? Any other products that'll do the job?

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
For bearing edges ?

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is Drum Dial Bearing Edge wax any good? I own it but have not used it yet.

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used Butcher's for years. A can lasts forever. Now that I'm looking to get a fresh can, I'm seeing the SC Johnson paste wax pop up a lot. Anybody use this stuff? Any other products that'll do the job?
My can is that Johnson paste wax you mention. I think they didn't have the butchers and my shop guy said it was the same thing. It certainly seems like it. PM for a picture. This can will outlast me unless I start building drum,s which I don't expect to do..

kookel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My can is that Johnson paste wax you mention. I think they didn't have the butchers and my shop guy said it was the same thing. It certainly seems like it. PM for a picture. This can will outlast me unless I start building drum,s which I don't expect to do..
Thanks. Good to know. I’ll check it out

backtodrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I use Bees wax on bearing edges with great results. I just take a bar of it and rub around the edges and then take a rag and buff off the excess, seems to do the job admirably.

philmets

Reaction score
I use drumdial, very happy with it. Cheap and lasts a long time...

kookel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I ended up going with Lundmark paste wax - behaves just like Butcher's with a less pungent smell.

Slingerland3ply

Reaction score
I have used paraffin wax . It seems to work ,but is a petroleum product.