Anybody got $85K laying around?

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well, it looks it does come with a copy of "Progressive Steps to Syncopation for the Modern Drummer," so not a bad deal over all.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
THAT is a FANTASTIC piece of drumming history!

Wow!!!

If I was a collector, I'd be all OVER that drum. Unreal.

I have zero idea of what those go for, but I know they ain't cheap. Billy built some of the best drums ever ... and that specific drum was built for Ted ... how cool is that!!!

Heck, I don't even know if it's the real deal, but it's so cool to think of kicking around on that snare ... what a piece of art.

kdgrissom

Reaction score
I took lessons for about a year with Ted in the 70's. I learned later that he had been collecting all the Gladstones he could buy. I think he ended up with about 9-10 of them.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Seriously? Bentley's has a black one listed for $15K - I've seen it - it's nice but not worth $15K, at least TO ME. Are you telling me the "gold" stand and the alleged provenance are worth $70K?????

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
PR great work uncovering the mystery of the stand!
I just assumed some musical instrument manufacturer made those in the 20's/30's for their fancy-pants orchestral customers.

Ghostin one

Reaction score
The base of the stand is marked Kliegl Bro's, the manufacturer of old-time theatrical arc lighting, aka "klieg lights". Kind of interesting.

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
We have more than that "laying around" but we are looking for a weekend lake home so I guess one of you guys are gonna have to pony up the cash. :cool: