Anybody got a piece of 1 1/8” pipe?

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am trying to barn job a tom mount that will fit the Tama Starclassic tom holder base, which is an unconventional 1 1/8” in diameter. All I need is a piece of hardware piping that is 1 1/8” diameter and 3” long or longer. I know that in addition to Tama, other companies used this diameter for certain hardware pieces at various points including Ludwig, Remo, Premier and Pearl. Does anyone have any laying around in your hardware collections that you could sell me? I couldn’t find anything in this diameter at the hardware store. Much thanks, Chris

nylontip

Reaction score
I had the same issue, so I made an adapter with an old Mapex snare base. (You can use a cymbal stand base as well. May need to cut it down)
The outer diameter is 1 1/8" which fit into the Premier mount. The inside is 1" which accepts a wide variety of tom holders. Works great!

IMG_3402.JPG
IMG_3403.JPG
IMG_3405.JPG
IMG_3406.JPG

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

mgdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Never knew they carried the 1 1/8” over past the original Superstar/Imperialstar era. My Granstars & Rockstars all had 1” tubes if I remember correctly. Of course all my 90’s Premier stuff is 1 1/8”.

trommel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Go to a local plumbing supply place, or to a specialty shop that sells conduit, tubing for medical/lab/unusual uses.

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Old Tama tom mounts from the 80s are 1-1/8, like this one. Oh, and the bottom-most tubing from Tama's Roadpro stands were 1-1/8", or as they say "28.6mm Diameter Base Section Tubing". I always ask the seller if they can measure the diameter before buying/bidding. Oh, and try Fastenal or other industrial supply places like McMaster. They might having something.

Last edited:

Soulfinger

Reaction score
Any decent bike shop should have exactly what you need. (Old bikes had 1" steering tubes, current have 1-1/8".) Those adapters usually even have a lip to prevent them from sliding down.

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
One of the hits brought this one up:

Getting lenghts starting from 6" - not surface treated, though :-/
Thanks everybody. This site has exactly what I need at a reasonable cost - thanks Bubo! Also, a Forum member (Geardaddy) offered to send me a piece of hardware that would work, but I will save him the trouble and just go with Bubo’s referral. I appreciate all the help from folks on DFO! This forum is the best!

Latest posts