Anybody here score big at the Julien's Gretsch auction?

roundbadgedude

DFO Master
Reaction score
I had a blast the past 2 days following the Julien's Gretsch Archives auction this weekend, bought some items and was surprised most lots were going for affordable prices.

who scored big!?

Lee Van Kief

Reaction score
I noticed that in quite a few of those shell lots, there were like 13 bass drums. I can barely handle one!

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't know about it......surprised I missed that thread! Wow....some major shell packs. I liked that 4x14 6 lugger for $256....oh well.....

Last edited:

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah some great deals, but they grouped large lots of the same sizes. One was something like 21 13” shells.
A little more practical than the 35 shells all 12x15 size!
It seems like buyers would have to somehow "meet" each other and do some shell trading, then we'd see a boatload of drum kits appear.
OR, you simply corner the market on one size and help everyone complete their kit!!
Stretch

tim

Reaction score
I'm so glad I didnt know about this till it was over....Glad they were able to raise money for a good cause though!

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I got an email from Julien's about the sale a month or so ago (I guess I'm on their mailing list now because I bought that Ringo book from them a few months back). I glanced at the auctions back then but purposely avoided looking again because I already have too many irons in the fire to contemplate starting any more "projects". Still...now I kind of regret not looking because I would have loved to get one of those finished Leedy snares.

Last edited:

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
It was real-deal, I'd say. I mean, there were shell lots of uncompleted 70's Monster mount drums. Those have sitting for 40+ years!

GregR

Reaction score
wow! my wife would love it if I pulled up in a truck with that load!