Anybody Ride a 20" Crash for Quieter Tunes?

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm one of your Reverb watchers, although I saw your listing here too. For me, the rivets detract, but for other prospective buyers, they might enhance. In my case, I've pretty much decided to try another kind of cymbal first, though the Vanguards are appealing enough for me to, well, watch them.

BTW, my hat's off to you for tricking Reverb into sending watchers like me an email saying you've lowered the price. In reality, you raised it by $2 by adding a shipping fee. This is pretty slick.
Yes, I understand the rivets may not be for all. It came with rivets. It was new when I obtained as a part payment, but sat in a bag and never used, other than trying it out. I am a flat ride guy, had 15 at one time. Never a Sabian guy tho. It is a nice cymbal, good stick, which I like and makes a nice crash. I no longer play out and have been downsizing.

The only change I made, I replaced cheap brass rivets with Agop rivets obtained from Tony C at CymbalsOnly.

As for shipping, I always offered FREE, but UPS/FedEx rates have gone up 17-21% since March..gas cost, they say. The 2nd increase in 2 years. I paid $42 to ship a 22" from Atlanta to Seattle w/FedEx...with insurance and signature....can't do it anymore, and can't give away for 'free'.
Thanks for input, good luck with search...if you decide on the Vanguard, hit me up..a deal could be worked out, I am sure.

Last edited:

marc3k

Reaction score
For anyone willing to throw down the cash, just to get done with the hunt, this is where it's at for me. I have a very similar one already, otherwise I might be all over this one:
And it's gone! Anybody here bought it?

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
One of my favorites from sound files is the K Custom Dry Light Ride. That appeals to me more than the heavier one. However, I'm hesitant to buy anything dry (which seems to me to include most of the "Turk" cymbals) because I fear that all ping and no wash may be limiting in the long run. Gotta admit that many of them have a nice stick sound though.
Yeah I have the 20” K custom dry light and it is great for certain applications but it’s sort of a one trick pony