Anybody seen the new 57 series renown looks like a 60s corvett and your the horse power behind it co

franke

DFO Star
Reaction score
I saw it at the NAMM show. It's not my cuppa' but it is sure to appeal to many others. It comes with s rather nice matching drum throne too. The Renown series are good drums so one cannot go wrong there.

LDrums101

Reaction score
I saw it at the NAMM show. It's not my cuppa' but it is sure to appeal to many others. It comes with s rather nice matching drum throne too. The Renown series are good drums so one cannot go wrong there.

Thanks for the pick Frankie

onemat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I saw them online when people were sending pictures out during NAMM. I think they are advertised in Modern Drummer this month. They are pretty wild looking and I guess potentially collectable. Certainly for the guy who has everything and money to burn. I wonder if the metal trim on the shells would eventually get loose and vibrate(?) Pretty nice eye candy.

drumbum38

Forum Member
Reaction score
I saw them in person also, and they are VERY appealing. I don't care for the sizes or the bulky (yet cool by itself) tom mount, but the finish and over all vibe was killer. It reminded me of a theme bike from OCC or something (without going overboard). I like the "difference" about it compared to everything else.
I think they could be highly collectable someday (especially if the total sales numbers end up on the low side or the run is limited), and I also think they might be a big hit in Japan. I THINK a lot of things, but I KNOW I'd take one of those kits in a 'heartbeat'. :wink: ....(As my 3rd or 4th kit that is, and I only have 1 now :( )

Tama1986

Reaction score
I saw them in person also, and they are VERY appealing. I don't care for the sizes or the bulky (yet cool by itself) tom mount, but the finish and over all vibe was killer. It reminded me of a theme bike from OCC or something. I like the "difference" about it compared to everything else.
I think they could be highly collectable someday (especially if the total sales numbers end up on the low side or the run is limited), and I also think they might be a big hit in Japan. I THINK a lot of things, but I KNOW I'd take one of those kits in a 'heartbeat'. :wink: ....(As my 3rd or 4th kit that is, and I only have 1 now :( )

I picture the kit at a blues gig, or maybe classic or 50's/60's rock n roll show.

tempobob

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I thought they were the best looking set I saw at NAMM. At least from a unique but classy standpoint.
Good question about the metal trim though.

kona1984

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The official colour is Motor City Blue.
I like em, not everybody's cup for sure - like most really cool drums that come along not everyone likes em. Nice touch that Gretsch had a matching throne made for the kit :occasion5: .....that will be collectible I'm sure.
I have a Renown shellpack (6pc PWAM - 60 shellpacks made in 2007) and they are solid drums.

I thought they resembled an early bel aire

duanedrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm excited to take one for a test drive at my clinic in Houston next month.

http://www.drumforum.org/index.php?/topic/45309-free-drum-clinic/

The Renown series are very nice drums. I have a snare that is amazing!!

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Weren't they going for the '57 Chevy look? (hence the name).

nickg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
yes...the idea was a 57 Chevy, hence the name.

and it's spelled "Corvette".

bermuda

Pro
Reaction score
A very classy kit in person, although not my style.

Bermuda