Anyone bought from this Reverb store?

f.stahlenius

Reaction score
Been looking at Cymbal Crash. Based in Istanbul, Turkey. Normal or just below normal prices and got good reviews. Sent a message about a cymbal and got fast and very helpful answer.

Anyone here bought from them?

I’m living in Sweden and been traveling a lot to Istanbul and of course cymbal prices are different (cheaper) in Turkey. Just got curious.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, I have not bought from them, but their feedback is 100% positive. What are your concerns??

f.stahlenius

Reaction score
Well, I have not bought from them, but their feedback is 100% positive. What are your concerns??
I’m just curious how these stores compete with regional markets. I have before bought cymbals (Bosphorus and Agean) from a store called Sounds Anatolian, also based in Istanbul (and Bali). They also provide free shipping (DHL Express). Super good communication, helpful with providing cymbal weights and also got good reviews. This is more than some local stores can do for me.

It is a global market, just interesting to see how music stores are run and compete today.

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I bought cymbals from them twice and was very happy with their service both times. They communicated quickly and attentively, helped me select exactly the kind of cymbal I wanted, packaged them well, and shipment came faster than I expected. I would not hesitate to use them again. In one case they even counter-offered my offer that was below their already very good price.

f.stahlenius

Reaction score
I bought cymbals from them twice and was very happy with their service both times. They communicated quickly and attentively, helped me select exactly the kind of cymbal I wanted, packaged them well, and shipment came faster than I expected. I would not hesitate to use them again. In one case they even counter-offered my offer that was below their already very good price.
Nice. I will probably order a 22" Agop Idris Muhammad ride from them.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Been looking at Cymbal Crash. Based in Istanbul, Turkey. Normal or just below normal prices and got good reviews. Sent a message about a cymbal and got fast and very helpful answer.

Anyone here bought from them?

I’m living in Sweden and been traveling a lot to Istanbul and of course cymbal prices are different (cheaper) in Turkey. Just got curious.
Just curious . . . how does one go about purchasing a cymbal when in Turkey? Are there Western-style music stores? Direct sales from the manufacturer? Street booths? Specialty cymbal shops? How do the prices compare to online prices?

And, once you return to your country, are you required to pay taxes, levies, or any other type of fees?

GeeDeeEmm

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Last edited:

f.stahlenius

Reaction score
Just curious . . . how does one go about purchasing a cymbal when in Turkey? Are there Western-style music stores? Direct sales from the manufacturer? Street booths? Specialty cymbal shops? How do the prices compare to online prices?

And, once you return to your country, are you required to pay taxes, levies, or any other type of fees?

GeeDeeEmm
Yes, there are normal music stores. They are in the same area. Just came to think of Senkop, Drum Club Shop and Zuhal. Also Torab Majlesi (with V-Classic Cymbals) has his studio close by. Some you can message beforehand and ask them to take home what you want. Just be sure to buy what you ask for.

I know some who each year visit the cymbal factories. Bosphorus and Pergamon, to name two. Istanbul Agop is harder to visit, if you don't endorse them. I know some friends who bought direct from them. You would probably need to buy more than one cymbal, though.

Prices. Well, it is cheaper. Check this, for example: https://www.drumclubshop.com/istanbul-agop-24-30th-anniversary-ride

Just convert the price (Turkish Lira, TRY) to USD.

I never had any issues with custom fees. A hardcase as checked in baggage, just roll through as nothing to declare. I know some friends who even fly with soft case inside the cabin, but I would not recommend trying that.

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

GeeDeeEmm
As someone born and raised in Istanbul, I can help you there :) In addition to the odd shop here and there, there is actually a street which we call the Tunnel, and it is music shops left and right ! You do store hopping, depending on the brand you are after. I spent my youth on that street .

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, there are normal music stores. They are in the same area. Just came to think of Senkop, Drum Club Shop and Zuhal. Also Torab Majlesi (with V-Classic Cymbals) has his studio close by. Some you can message beforehand and ask them to take home what you want. Just be sure to buy what you ask for.

I know some who each year visit the cymbal factories. Bosphorus and Pergamon, to name two. Istanbul Agop is harder to visit, if you don't endorse them. I know some friends who bought direct from them. You would probably need to buy more than one cymbal, though.

Prices. Well, it is cheaper. Check this, for example: https://www.drumclubshop.com/istanbul-agop-24-30th-anniversary-ride

Just convert the price (Turkish Lira, TRY) to USD.

I never had any issues with custom fees. A hardcase as checked in baggage, just roll through as nothing to declare. I know some friends who even fly with soft case inside the cabin, but I would not recommend trying that.
Very interested in those V-classics...they sound amazing but have never seen anyone carrying them in the states.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m just curious how these stores compete with regional markets. I have before bought cymbals (Bosphorus and Agean) from a store called Sounds Anatolian, also based in Istanbul (and Bali). They also provide free shipping (DHL Express). Super good communication, helpful with providing cymbal weights and also got good reviews. This is more than some local stores can do for me.

It is a global market, just interesting to see how music stores are run and compete today.
I hate my local choices. Prices are jacked, not enough choices. . .I prefer buying online. With sites like Reverb, I think the feedback is very resourceful whether positive or negative. I don't think the local stores can compete with what's going on online. But I'm talking "John Q's Music Store".

Nowadays, free shipping is available from so many sellers. . .I don't think you have to worry. Of course, there's the lack of being able to hear a cymbal. Or actually play something before buying. . .

Old Drummer

Reaction score
Yes, I bought a cymbal from this seller a couple weeks ago and one of the 5-star reviews is from me.

I was leery last summer when the site first went up and there was no feedback, but after about 50 positives, I figured it was OK (and it was). Also, while quick with replies, the seller didn't know the weights of different cymbals, and after telling me the weight of one, didn't want to bother telling me the weights of others. I figured he was oriented toward high volume sales more than customer service, which is fine given the prices. I didn't know the weight of the cymbal I bought, but it came in 45 grams within where I expected it to be and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the cymbal.

I did notice that after I bought the cymbal, the price for the same cymbal increased $40. Maybe this was chance or maybe it's the business model. Low prices could be a come-on to build the reputation, after which prices increase.

But I'm a contented customer.

f.stahlenius

Reaction score
Yes, I bought a cymbal from this seller a couple weeks ago and one of the 5-star reviews is from me.

I was leery last summer when the site first went up and there was no feedback, but after about 50 positives, I figured it was OK (and it was). Also, while quick with replies, the seller didn't know the weights of different cymbals, and after telling me the weight of one, didn't want to bother telling me the weights of others. I figured he was oriented toward high volume sales more than customer service, which is fine given the prices. I didn't know the weight of the cymbal I bought, but it came in 45 grams within where I expected it to be and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the cymbal.

I did notice that after I bought the cymbal, the price for the same cymbal increased $40. Maybe this was chance or maybe it's the business model. Low prices could be a come-on to build the reputation, after which prices increase.

But I'm a contented customer.
Thx. The seller actually offered me a 40 $ discount. Maybe then covered by the increase on other stuff :)

Latest posts