Anyone else been impulsively buying and selling cymbals lately?

Nubs

Reaction score
Yes indeed! It has been a carousel here with them coming in & out with some frequency. It can get addictive!

BTW anyone got some Black Pearl hi hats they wanna sell?? I gotta have some AAAAHHHHHGHHHGGHHHHH!!

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been relatively reserved regarding cymbal purchases during the Pandemic .
I have purchased a 22” Paiste Traditional Light ride and a 20” Paiste Masters Dark Crash ride and was gifted a 22” Sabian Artisan Light ride .
All three cymbals are excellent and cannot wait to play gigs with them .

Evdoggydog15

Reaction score
I have been relatively reserved regarding cymbal purchases during the Pandemic .
I have purchased a 22” Paiste Traditional Light ride and a 20” Paiste Masters Dark Crash ride and was gifted a 22” Sabian Artisan Light ride .
Nice! One of my purchases early on was a 22 Paiste Masters thin cymbal. Using it as a crash...love it!

Pat A Flafla

Reaction score
If you expect massive inflation in the future, then excellent used cymbals could be considered a sensible diversification.

Freewill3

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, and thanks to this enabling thread, I just bought another! No regrets though, whatever it takes to get us all through this state of affairs the world is in. My choices were a 20" Funch (Bill Stewart tribute) which is amazing and 20" Zildjian Take 5 ride from Memphis Drum Shop which should be delivered tomorrow.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm an Agop player and I'm not a fan of the Xist series. Compared to the higher end lines, it's a night and day difference.
I got a pair of Xist 15" hats and they are GEMS. I have listened to a bunch of online demos from the series, and while some sound okay, some definitely don't sound good at all. But this pair is great.

DrumKeys

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of Xist 15" hats and they are GEMS. I have listened to a bunch of online demos from the series, and while some sound okay, some definitely don't sound good at all. But this pair is great.
I second this. I also scored a pair of Xist 15's up at DCP a few years ago and they are fantastic.

osw000

Reaction score
Love how those Paiste sound together in Steve Jordans’ records, specially those with John Mayer.

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've bought a few cymbals [I got back the Paiste Signature Full crashes and Dry Heavy rides I sold off] but I'm still buying too many snare drums.
I'm down to 2 kits, 15 snare drums, 3 sets of cymbals, and a moderate set of hardware.
Stretch

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yup. I am working my way to a K-con set up. Just got (2) rides recently and the 22" K-Con MTH is f'n sweet. Need more of that mojo. I have a lot of vintage A's and I'm not quite there on paying stupid money for vintage K's.

premierplayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I flipped another kit on Friday, it was not a super deal purchase, but a super clean kit. I made a couple of $. Ya don't kill em' all, I'm ok with that.

ChicagoDave

Reaction score
Yup. Lots of time to search. Found some stuff that was too good to pass up. Just bought a bicycle tire bag for the 26:

16.25 trans 742
17 small 1257
19 trans 1501
20 trans 1730
26 trans 3630

Attachments

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've been holding myself back from anymore online cymbal purchases. The last I bought was a Paiste 18" Full Crash and the seller told me it was excellent only to find it had nicks & flea bites on the edge. I decided, I'll wait to visit a shop this summer.

Evdoggydog15

Reaction score
So far: 2 rides, 3 crashes, a pair of hi-hats, 3 snare drums. And I have my eye on 2 more crashes, a snare, and a 3-piece kit. Don't tell my husband.
Nice! Any keepers out of those snares or turning them around?