Anyone else having issues with the USPS right now?

gmiller598

Reaction score
I know it is the holidays and I'm sure they are overwhelmed since the government decided to try to kill the postal service but I have 2 packages with tracking numbers that are now late arriving according to their tracking numbers. 1 is a purchase from Reverb and the other is a cymbal from DCP. I can only assume they are so far behind in sorting packages right now due to the holidays but this is the worst I've ever seen it. I also had medication from CVS shipped from within the same town last week and it seemed to get "lost" and delivered to a neighbor's house.

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You mean like sending Priority Mail to the wrong state? Numerous times? Before covid? I’ve been avoiding mail, as much as I can, for a while now.

Last edited:

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep unfortunately I think stage coaches are being recommissioned to help with the overflow.

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
YES!!!

I recently traded some cymbals with a member here, and it is way late. Then I get a message today saying it was delivered, but to the sellers zip code! Good grief! So I’m not sure where it is now.

But an organization I belong to is waiting on an important shipment from FedEx and it’s almost the same problem, way late.

Im thinking it’s the recent covid uptick. If a facility has a covid outbreak, they either have to shut down or get replacement workers and drivers. It could be crippling. I’m not sure that that is happening but they’re usually much better than this, even at Christmas.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
My wife mailed out a small package of parts to California today by priority mail. We are in New Hampshire. Our post office told her to expect 10-12 days for delivery. That is not normal.

I would also like to say that my Internet and phone reception also both suck.

bassanddrum84

Reaction score
Yep I sent out lugs on reverb nov 19 and they still haven’t been delivered talked to usps and they had every excuse in the book. I swear they have been taking two weeks even tho I’ve been shipping everything 2 day priority.

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, at least we know it’s everyone/everywhere. Thanks for the thread OP.

Ox Han

Reaction score
MOAN ALERT

Prior to Covid, I had great experiences with the USPS both receiving mail domestically and sending parcels internationally to Asia. Most of my wines below I easily ignore because I know how hard it’s been on the postal workers. The mailbox request below was really weird though.

That said, this summer things got really bad. Our route went through a couple carriers. Our current carrier requested we get a rural mail box put out in violation of city ordinances because they didn’t want to walk up some stairs. This house has had a mailbox on a porch for 83 years. Literally not one home in the “downtown” area has a rural mailbox. This request was made at every home on the route. Now we sometimes get packages placed half way up our stairs. It’s just two flights of 8 stairs each.

In August, we had a perishable package sit in the local usps for over a month. I was told It most likely just laid out because of their current volume. It should have taken 5-10 days max. It could have taken 15 and been fine. It took 34 days.

I had to pick up very small packages in person because they had limited room on trucks. I’m talking smallest flat rate size or vhs sizes. That hasn’t happened for a while but we’ll see what the holidays bring.

Fingers crossed it gets better and if you’re a postal worker reading this please stay safe and healthy. I understand its not your fault Covid hit and the administration tried to cut postal funding, services and equipment. Thanks for your effort.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes, this is the worst I’ve ever seen it. Sent two packages to my daughter in Tennessee for Christmas. Went from my local post office, to the downtown Cleveland post office. A week ago, and I haven’t got a tracking that even left Cleveland yet.

We sent our other daughter and her husband their Christmas presents today – via UPS. Turns out it was even cheaper. And hopefully faster.

drummertom

DFO Veteran
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a package that originated in GA on 11/28, and now is sitting at a USPS "Partner facility" 25 miles from me in MA since 12/3. Good thing it is not urgent.

I had another package that was shipped from KS on 12/2 via UPS and it arrived in MA today.

Gotta love the consistency between shipping companies.

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah they have been slow over here in NJ too. No lost packages, just delays. I usually get free shipping so it doesn’t bother me a ton.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a package with 2 drums due to me on 12/3 by 9pm. On the 3rd, the package never showed. That night it updated to a partner facility 4+ hours from me. Then strangely it showed up the next day. In my case, all’s well that ends well, but I was prepared for the worst.

chillybase

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing some of the USPS changes have taken effect now that the election is over.

gmiller598

Reaction score
Definitely seems like it is everywhere. Glad to know it's not just me. Fedex and UPS seems fine for me. I did have a Fedex snafu over the weekend where they separated 2 boxes coming from Sweetwater and delivered them 1 each on Saturday and Sunday but mail service is definitely an issue. My mail is always bad but this is terribly bad.

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad news for me, I just got an update on my cymbal - it was apparently delivered to someone’s porch today, in Alexandria Va, not Queens NY! Alexandria is the sellers town! So I’m not sure it ever made it out of his hometown, but why would they have delivered it there? Good grief...

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took them 14 days to deliver a drum I had ordered - 800 mile trip. The tracking failed to update for almost the entire trip. It seemed "stuck" at the point of origin. The package "seemed" lost or stolen for quite some time.
I was sort of shocked when it finally showed up last week. The slowest I've ever seen it by FAR.

WLVN

Reaction score
The USPS is great at consistently delivering tons of junk mail. That's the only thing they seem to do right. Damn them for that!