Anyone else having issues with the USPS right now?

moonbabie

Reaction score
It’s day 8 for me and my order comes from the same state that I reside in(go figure).I see fedex everyday delivering in my area and usps maybe half that or less.Ok I get it these are not normal times but it just seems fedex is uneffected by this mess. should’ve used fedex this time.

varatrodder

Reaction score
We just had a USPS package arrive that was scheduled to be here the week before Christmas. According to the tracking info, it's been sitting in our local facility since 3 days after it shipped.

Peano

Reaction score
I don’t know if that is true or not but I would not like to see them go.
Take a lesson from package delivery. Years ago, UPS and later Fed-Ex started competing with the parcel post service of the U.S. Post Office (now USPS). The rest, as they say, is history. Which of those three would you want to deliver your new snare drum?

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 USPS deliveries coming to me this week. One shows an alert on the tracking that they sent it to the wrong address even though the label was correct. Second one shows that it was supposed to be delivered yesterday and it's still not here. It still shows a delivery date of Friday. Third one is suffering the same issue. How frustrating!
Issues occasionally happen with UPS & FedEx but not consistent like this.
When I'm the shipper, I'm avoiding using USPS!
USPS has become a joke!
They really need to get it together or scrap it and start over!

CigarScott

Reaction score
I've gotten to the point where if I order something and vendor A says they're shipping via USPS and vendor B says it will ship via UPS or FedEx and costs are in the same ballpark, I'll order from vendor B.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've gotten to the point where if I order something and vendor A says they're shipping via USPS and vendor B says it will ship via UPS or FedEx and costs are in the same ballpark, I'll order from vendor B.
Unfortunately on my last 3 orders I had no option for that. I don't understand why vendors keep using them with these problems. I'm sure the vendors must have complaints left and right. Enough to make them not ship with the USPS.

Pibroch

Reaction score
During the height of pandemic in both US and Australia using standard service:

USPS : Oneida NY to Ulverstone Australia
55 days

FedEx: Portland OR to Ulverstone Australia
7 days

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
FedEx didn’t just ask for my ID. They wanted to scan my ID into their computer system. Never gonna happen.
Oooh. They’ll never know who you are now. Or your credit card info. Or your social security number.

I get it, and I don’t want to say resistance is futile. But ....

Core Creek

Reaction score
I purchased a set of Premier XPKs from EBay 12/17. They shipped 12/18 and were handed off to the seller’s local PO that day... hasn't moved since. The seller went to his local Po and was told it’s sitting in a warehouse while they try and catch up on the backlog.....

toddbishop

Reaction score
Very strange to have basic verifiable facts about why post office service is so crappy right now deleted from the "why is post office service is so crappy right now" discussion.

I guess let's all just speculate about it: I think pixies are to blame.

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Oooh. They’ll never know who you are now. Or your credit card info. Or your social security number.

I get it, and I don’t want to say resistance is futile. But ....
Not sure what you mean by resistance. FedEx can ask for whatever they want, and I can decide that it isn’t in my best interest to give them what they ask for. They can look at my ID and confirm who I am. But, they can’t scan or copy my ID. Proceed at your peril.

Skeet6

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very strange to have basic verifiable facts about why post office service is so crappy right now deleted from the "why is post office service is so crappy right now" discussion.

I guess let's all just speculate about it: I think pixies are to blame.
Probably has something to do with your continued attempts to make the discussion political.
It says right under the header for this forum "Introductions and chit-chat and general topics, NO Politics and NO Religion."
Mike B

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by resistance. FedEx can ask for whatever they want, and I can decide that it isn’t in my best interest to give them what they ask for. They can look at my ID and confirm who I am. But, they can’t scan or copy my ID. Proceed at your peril.
Cool.

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 50lb box go out USPS Ground on the 21st. I’m on the East Coast and my buyer is in NW Minnesota. I have done business with him before and used USPS with no problems. I even sent out a 2nd package to him on the same day as the 50lb one and it got there in a week. But this 50lb package traveling via Ground is unbelievably slow. It hasn’t shown a tracking update since the 25th. The workers at the Post Office said it could still be another 2 weeks! That would be over a month in shipping! :O

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get me. :cool:

Bottom line, I choose not to put myself at risk (or increased risk), of ID theft to the extent reasonably possible as a practical matter.
Thanks for understanding. I have friends on Facebook complaining about tracked.

toddbishop

Reaction score
Probably has something to do with your continued attempts to make the discussion political.
It says right under the header for this forum "Introductions and chit-chat and general topics, NO Politics and NO Religion."
Mike B
Nothing political about it, it's what happened. Facts are not political. I'm sorry others insist on interpreting them that way.