Anyone else having issues with the USPS right now?

Matched Gripper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for understanding. I have friends on Facebook complaining about tracked.
They should complain. Loudly! It’s dirty business in my view. Have you heard the comment, if an internet service is free to you, then you are the product. But, it is what it is, for now. As long as they proceed with they’re eyes open, it’s up to them to decide if it’s worth the risks. Have you noticed how many more websites are disclosing what they do with your data and asking your permission to access and sell it? That is just an early step in favor internet privacy regulation IMO.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing political about it, it's what happened. Facts are not political. I'm sorry others insist on interpreting them that way.
Your comments were deleted because you took the conversation in a political direction by making comments about the president and president-elect. The posts which followed continued to quite the deleted statements and veered into discussion of media bias. These are political topics, regardless of your interpretation.

toddbishop

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the point of the conversation is, then, if we're allowing only wild guesses based on no information, for fear of someone taking political offense at objective, verifiable reality.

Matched Gripper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Very strange to have basic verifiable facts about why post office service is so crappy right now deleted from the "why is post office service is so crappy right now" discussion.

I guess let's all just speculate about it: I think pixies are to blame.
In didn’t see your deleted post, but, the underlying facts re: the declining reliability of the USPS couldn’t be more political. I was going to write an extended post on the subject. But, given the “no politics” policy of this forum, it probably wouldn’t be appropriate. I’ll leave it at that.

Pibroch

Reaction score
Fedex International Priority (one cymbal)

Shipping request from North Hampton NH: Wednesday 6th January
Customs clearance Sydney: Thursday 7th January
Delivered Ulverstone Tasmania: Monday 11th January

Had to pay a lot extra as DCP mainly use USPS - but I had to have that cymbal and didn't want the stress with USPS of another 2 month or more wait with no tracking weeks on end.

Last edited:

Matched Gripper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Fedex International Priority (one cymbal)

Shipping request from North Hampton NH: Wednesday 6th January
Customs clearance Sydney: Thursday 7th January
Delivered Ulverstone Tasmania: Monday 11th January

Had to pay a lot extra as DCP mainly use USPS - but I had to have that cymbal and didn't want the stress with USPS of another 2 month or more wait with no tracking weeks on end.
If I may ask, how much was the cymbal and how much was the shipping?

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
Mailed two packages on 11-30. One was just delivered on 1-3-2021. Tracking info was entered after the fact.

Second package is still in “pre-shipment” status, even though I dropped it off inside the post office! :(

Pibroch

Reaction score
For that total price I hope the cymbal is everything you hoped for. As you may know it takes some hours of playing for a cymbal to settle into its sound.
Thanks, I'm loving it so far today - the DCP video demo gave an accurate representation, but didn't do it full justice. Good to know it may get even better!

Last edited:

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just received the 3 packages I was expecting. 1 had been forwarded the wrong way and 2 were delayed. They all magically appeared today! I'm really done with USPS. I even wrote to one of the vendors to consider changing carriers. It's to the point that when I sell something on eBay, I pay more if I have to with Fedex or UPS just to avoid the headaches.

varatrodder

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind about USPS is that they are extremely overwhelmed. Both UPS and FedEx will put a cap on the number of items large vendors (like Amazon, Target or Walmart) can send through their system. Because of the increase in online ordering over the past year, many vendors maxed out in September and October. That leaves USPS to pick up the slack, and they simply can't handle the volume. On top of that, they hold a monopoly on letters and items under a certain size, so legally UPS and FedEx aren't even allowed to deliver certain types of mail or items.

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 50lb box go out USPS Ground on the 21st. I’m on the East Coast and my buyer is in NW Minnesota. I have done business with him before and used USPS with no problems. I even sent out a 2nd package to him on the same day as the 50lb one and it got there in a week. But this 50lb package traveling via Ground is unbelievably slow. It hasn’t shown a tracking update since the 25th. The workers at the Post Office said it could still be another 2 weeks! That would be over a month in shipping! :O
So USPS updated tracking today. Somehow my package is in Jacksonville FL, not Minnesota... what the darn diggity?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had a package hung up in two post offices for ten days total. Was not a happy camper.

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also having problems with tracking the Ebay ESUS number ....one item I ordered has sat since December 31 in New York and status says "In transit to destination country" (Canada)....not sure what is going on ; I know it should have encountered Customs before now....we'll see.
Any others have ESUS number issues with Ebay items?