Anyone else having issues with the USPS right now?

Lee Van Kief

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for a package from Drums On Sale. Shipped on 12/13, due for 12/17 delivery. On the 26th, it updated from “in transit, arriving late” that it had been scanned in the origin state (MD) and now says “in transit, arriving late” last updated on 12/30.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for an item sent on the 19th from Maryland....I am in NH. Was supposed to arrive on the 22nd. Filed a case, all they said was that they are swamped. Looks like it has been sitting in the Maryland distribution center since it was mailed, according to tracking.

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a couple items sent out to a buyer that are in USPS limbo. One package‘s tracking says it departed my post office 6 days ago and is arriving late. The other package’s tracking was last updated 4 days ago and said that the package was scanned in a city that is the complete opposite/wrong direction from the destination.

The buyer is mad at me for using USPS even though I stated so in my ad. Other services would cost more money and USPS usually isn’t this bad. December 2020 is the worst I have ever seen The USPS function.

Tdipaul

Reaction score
Shipped a cymbal from NJ to OR via first class in October. Seller demanded a refund after it was sitting still for 2 weeks, so I did. Of course it arrived a few days after that and had to chase him down for the money. What a hassle.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a snare drum swap with a forum member. We both shipped out our snares on Dec.9th.
he received his in Boston a week ago. The snare coming to me took till December 27th to reach Jamaica NY Distribution centre and it has not had an update since.
Normally ( pre- Covid) I would have received the drum in a week.

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good gosh, so it sounds like the USPS is still a complete mess, even though it's after Christmas.
My local USPS lady says that they have had their hours cut. What a mess.

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Still waiting to find out where my 2200,- (if lost) package send on the 2nd of November! has went...

PostNL nor DHL Germany seem to know where it is.
DHL Germany is terrible. I think they just piled packages into bins and said we will deal with all this next year. I am waiting for a package since November 9, 2020.

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good gosh, so it sounds like the USPS is still a complete mess, even though it's after Christmas.
My local USPS lady says that they have had their hours cut. What a mess.
Correct, hours cut and no overtime this year in many facilities. It's all blamed on Covid. This is the new norm. No one has to have true accountability anymore with anything, just blame Covid.

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
DHL Germany is terrible. I think they just piled packages into bins and said we will deal with all this next year. I am waiting for a package since November 9, 2020.

I only have had issues with DHL/Deutsche Post :(

Until now with PostNL too (which was always the best).

Last edited:

drums1225

Reaction score
Sat. 12/19: Ordered 4 pairs of sticks from Drum Center of Portsmouth, NH.
Mon. 12/21: Shipped; due to arrive on Dec 24th (I'm in NY, 216 miles away).
Thurs 12/24: Estimated arrival changed to "Late".
Sun 12/27: My sticks apparently arrived in Opa Locka, FL (1500 miles away, near Miami)

Status updates daily, but just to change the date. Since 12/31, they haven't bothered updating. Simply "In Transit"

Tomorrow is 2 weeks. Ridiculous. I've always been a big proponent and supporter of the USPS, and usually use Priority Mail over UPS and FedEx. This is more than just Covid, but I'll leave it there.

Attachments

Tdipaul

Reaction score
Ha!

I am in NJ and ordered some items from DCP as well, on the 20th.

They shipped the next day but went to Opa Lacka just like yours

The items turned around and headed north last week and finally arrived this morning.

Not sure how cutting hours and OT is causing incorrectly routed packages!

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yah any slower they’d be going backwards. Shipped this along time ago from CT to Ohio. Sitting idle , buyers crying like a baby
A670CB2E-C57C-47F3-B32E-C16ACAF0AA4F.png

Base

Reaction score
Waiting for a cymbal since beginning of december. Don´t know where in nthe US it comes from - just hope, that that´s further away from NY than NY is from my hometown in Austria /Europe so it will not take that long once again till it finally reaches me ;)
tracking.jpg

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still no issues here. I don't get it but I can't complain. Stuff was coming and going to and from multiple states more than 1k miles away over the holidays and no problems. I had an order from Thomann in Germany get here in 4 days.

I even renewed a forwarding address online and it went through the same day today.

Last edited:

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I know it is the holidays and I'm sure they are overwhelmed since the government decided to try to kill the postal service but I have 2 packages with tracking numbers that are now late arriving according to their tracking numbers. 1 is a purchase from Reverb and the other is a cymbal from DCP. I can only assume they are so far behind in sorting packages right now due to the holidays but this is the worst I've ever seen it. I also had medication from CVS shipped from within the same town last week and it seemed to get "lost" and delivered to a neighbor's house.
Ys and mine are all drum related items for me. Must be an anti drum conspiracy or something

ludwigjim

Reaction score
I know it is the holidays and I'm sure they are overwhelmed since the government decided to try to kill the postal service but I have 2 packages with tracking numbers that are now late arriving according to their tracking numbers. 1 is a purchase from Reverb and the other is a cymbal from DCP. I can only assume they are so far behind in sorting packages right now due to the holidays but this is the worst I've ever seen it. I also had medication from CVS shipped from within the same town last week and it seemed to get "lost" and delivered to a neighbor's house.
That’s why they call it snail mail. Waiting 6 days for a package from 175 miles away. Really. USPS sux