header.nohb.html

Anyone know how to get replacement lug holders for older Mapex Saturn toms? Can't get ahold of customer service anymore

jamesalonius

Reaction score
Hi there. I purchased a Mapex Saturn black and gold badge kit a year ago or so, and at first I loved it. 22x16x13x12. The only problem is that some of the lug holders stripped on both toms after my second head change. At first I was talking to a representative right as COVID hit who had said he could get me squared away and locate some parts, but now I'm having trouble getting ahold of anybody whatsoever! I really dig the kit and don't want to have to buy a new kit. I can't see myself buying anything Mapex ever again if I can't at least get a reply (even a no).

Any help would be very much appreciated. I'm going to try to attach some pictures of the drums so you all know what I mean. Thank you.. I really would like to be able to repair these drums because I just do not have a budget for another kit.

Attachments

• 20200418_154402.jpg
    20200418_154402.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 20200429_175546 (1).jpg
    20200429_175546 (1).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 20200501_002334 (3).jpg
    20200501_002334 (3).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 20200501_002351 (2).jpg
    20200501_002351 (2).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20200501_002423.jpg
    20200501_002423.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 79

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
How have you tried to get ahold of them? Email, text, phone?

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi there. I purchased a Mapex Saturn black and gold badge kit a year ago or so, and at first I loved it. 22x16x13x12. The only problem is that some of the lug holders stripped on both toms after my second head change. At first I was talking to a representative right as COVID hit who had said he could get me squared away and locate some parts, but now I'm having trouble getting ahold of anybody whatsoever! I really dig the kit and don't want to have to buy a new kit. I can't see myself buying anything Mapex ever again if I can't at least get a reply (even a no).

Any help would be very much appreciated. I'm going to try to attach some pictures of the drums so you all know what I mean. Thank you.. I really would like to be able to repair these drums because I just do not have a budget for another kit.
Whereabouts do you live?

jamesalonius

Reaction score
How have you tried to get ahold of them? Email, text, phone?
Ive tried email and contact form. Cant find a phone number. They switched email servers i believe in the past year but cant get ahold of them at KHSmusic or the mapexusa email addresses.

Whereabouts do you live?
Beaumont, Texas

Could try drum factory direct they carry a ton of lugs
I knew there was some sort of website that carried them but wasnt exactly sure which. Ill definitely take a look there, thanks man

I appreciate all yall gettin back to me btw

jamesalonius

Reaction score
How many do you need? I have a few sitting around.

Right now it's looking like 2. Man that would be incredible of you. I wouldnt mind finding a source for extras in the future so that I can stock up myself if you would know any leads

Edit: let me know how i can pay you if you have enough to part with brother

Last edited:

jamesalonius

Reaction score
I,ve had them for awhile now, never thought i,d see them getting used. Send me your address, i wont charge you anything. Just happy to help you out.

Thank you so much man. I sent you the PM. I can cover shipping if you let me know your Paypal lol! So much love dude

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Question; ..do you need the round lug part only or the tube...or both parts?

jamesalonius

Reaction score
Question; ..do you need the round lug part only or the tube...or both parts?

The tubes are in good shape, thanks for asking. I'm just looking for the round lug parts that slip on either end of them. I really can't thank you enough man.

fusseltier

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mapex only wants to sell complete sets, not parts. that's why I sold my set.
there was a guy in Texas with lots of Mapex parts, but he's very unreliable.

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If Wayne falls through for some reason I also have a few lying around I can send to you. Just shoot me a PM if needed.

ppfd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah I emailed them over a year ago about individual drums avalible

Still waiting to hear back..........

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The tubes are in good shape, thanks for asking. I'm just looking for the round lug parts that slip on either end of them. I really can't thank you enough man.

In the mail today...let me know when they arrive

mcjaco

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They're customer service has gone to crap. I had the same problem. Ended up going to Drum Factory Direct for lugs.

ppfd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
As has the website

An Armory or Saturn kit is on the top of my list. But no response to a customer or potential customers needs / questions, not good.

Defiantly a different vibe with Joe Hibbs passing. Is Jeff Ivaster (sp?) still with Mapex?