Anyone know Ron Dennell ?

drumaniac

DFO Star
Reaction score
That is a serious collection, I love the prototype aluminum super sensitive snare.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score
I don't know him personally but have bought a couple snares from him yrs ago. After seeing his collection I now know why Sam Ash doesn't have much anymore in the way of vintage gear.

bongobob

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think Ron has the greatest collection of pictures in the world. Drums, I'm not sure of. He used to claim to have all this really obscure stuff like an 18/12/14/4x14 Geo. Way set in Silver Spk which was never made, stuff like Chic Webbs Gretsch Gladstone set, etc. but no pictures. He would advertise all this stuff for sale on drummersweb, but it was always "Sold to a well known collector" within 10 minutes of it being posted. That's all I got~

accusonic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I know Ron quite well. He used to post on the forum when Harry Cangany ran it, I believe his forum name was DrumRon or DrummerRon. He has a very nice collection, although he has bought and sold lots of stuff since those Ludwigdrummers pictures were posted and no longer has everything shown there. For example, the Ludwig blue sparkle cocktail drum shown there has been mine for about 5 years now (the pictures of it were taken by Ron on his front porch). Of course, he's acquired plenty of nice stuff to take the place of the things he's sold! Haven't talked to him in a while, but I don't think he works for Sam Ash anymore.

Velociamator

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I sold him my Ludwig & Ludwigs in 2003, delivered them personally. 7-drum outfit in WMP. Good guy to do business with, & he had some amazing drums in the shop.

Vipercussionist

Drummer Extra Ordinary
Reaction score
drumaniac said:
That is a serious collection, I love the prototype aluminum super sensitive snare.
http://www.drumforum.org/download/file.php?id=33542&t=1

MAN!! That's a beauty!! Anyone make a shell like that today??