DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Little crammed tonight but let’s do it. Hope everyone’s playing some drums
C469D8F3-7CB7-4B65-93C7-4BD1282BCD09.jpeg

Last edited:

Ryneaux

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Did The Bourbon Room in Hollyweird a coupla nights ago. Nice DW Design series backline kit and a top shelf sound guy made the night a blast. Tonight was at a wine bar in Bakersfield. Smooth and easy, and my overhyped, unicorn tear sippin’ DW set brought the juice. Awww yeah…

6E040473-C4A1-4D39-B6A5-EE591BD749F6.jpeg

FC8D1357-19F1-400C-9B5A-78CE95890F1A.jpeg

Ryneaux

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sh!tty cell phone vid, but here are some sights and sounds from the gig at The Bourbon Room the other night.

Link should take you right to the vid. I'm not on IG and I'm able to view it, so hopefully you can here as well.

Hellwyck

Reaction score
My band Viral Strain are playing 2 gigs this week:

1 on Friday with 2 bands
1 on Sunday with 3 bands which is our "Metal 2 The Masses" Quarter Finals for a chance to place Bloodstock Open Air festival.

DrumPhil

Reaction score
I guess for Irish bands St. Paddy's week is "March madness". We're playing Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, a different venue each night. Thursday and Saturday will be full band with drum set; Friday will be acoustic with bodhran. Should be fun.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Those stages look killer. Gotta ask does it make ya feel weird playing off center on stage? I’ve done it a couple times and it was weird lol.
Thank you!

We're extremely fortunate to play some quality gigs in a great circuit and most of all, fortunate and grateful that people actually do come out to see us.

The main focus of our band is the vocals. We all sing backup on each song and furthermore, everybody sings some lead at some point. So it made sense that the drums would be closer to the front of the stage. To form a straight line where you always see all 5 band members as equals rather than having the drums centered in the back and elevated on a riser.

I kinda like being offset, I'm closer from the bass player and his amp that way. And my kit is slightly slanted towards stage left, so I can keep an eye on the 2 soloists at all times. There are also a few tunes in the set where I go sing at the center mic with my guitar and for those, another dude takes the sticks. Not having the kit on a riser makes those transitions just a bit less hazardous..

It works for us but I get how it may not work for everybody.

Last edited: