Reaction score
Outdoor gig tonight. Lots of fun!

FD533D97-C316-4886-84E4-28B4706E7B29.jpeg
12421B33-4D94-4CA1-8558-C4A1580D8922.jpeg

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude that looks super fancy!!!! Have fun!!!!
It was _ridiculous_.

We ended up being the opener for a big-time Regional Mexican artist Luis "El Flaco" Angel. I had no idea how big he was until I noticed his last video (uploaded 16 days ago) has over 8 MILLION views on YouTube(!)

It was the biggest sound system I've ever seen set up indoors. There was another band for the cocktail hour, 3 separate DJ rigs, us as the opener, and then the 17-piece headliner band.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It was _ridiculous_.

We ended up being the opener for a big-time Regional Mexican artist Luis "El Flaco" Angel. I had no idea how big he was until I noticed his last video (uploaded 16 days ago) has over 8 MILLION views on YouTube(!)

It was the biggest sound system I've ever seen set up indoors. There was another band for the cocktail hour, 3 separate DJ rigs, us as the opener, and then the 17-piece headliner band.
Dude that’s awesome. And random lol hope you had a awesome night we just got done. Tore down and getting some good ole fashion guy busting Casey’s pizza lol.

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude that’s awesome. And random lol hope you had a awesome night we just got done. Tore down and getting some good ole fashion guy busting Casey’s pizza lol.

Same, but Mountain Mike's, "extra done" with the curled-up little round pepperonis.... yummmmmmmm

Was a good night. Used the iNDE 14x5 seamless aluminum that I picked up from @DanRH and it was absolutely fabulous. Still have the Emperor that you had on that drum, and haven't touched the tuning. What a fantastic sounding all-around snare drum. It deserves all of the hype that Acros get. (And to be fair, there are some [even a lot] Acros that sound as great as this, but you also get some dogs from Ludwig).

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Same, but Mountain Mike's, "extra done" with the curled-up little round pepperonis.... yummmmmmmm

Was a good night. Used the iNDE 14x5 seamless aluminum that I picked up from @DanRH and it was absolutely fabulous. Still have the Emperor that you had on that drum, and haven't touched the tuning. What a fantastic sounding all-around snare drum. It deserves all of the hype that Acros get. (And to be fair, there are some [even a lot] Acros that sound as great as this, but you also get some dogs from Ludwig).
Sounds like a killer snare. Glad to hear you had a good night. Is the clap stack your have up the zildjian model?

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Today's the last gig that has been re-schedule from the very first run of cancelations in 2020. Gig was booked in early 2019 so 3 years ago... The venue is a cute little arts center but it's at a 4th story of a very old building and the elevator was too small to bring our brand new custom made riser. So probably last riser-less gig for a long while... Had it at yesterday's gig though.
20220522_170942_HDR.jpg
20220521_150115_HDR.jpg

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Today's the last gig that has been re-schedule from the very first run of cancelations in 2020. Gig was booked in early 2019 so 3 years ago... The venue is a cute little arts center but it's at a 4th story of a very old building and the elevator was too small to bring our brand new custom made riser. So probably last riser-less gig for a long while... Had it at yesterday's gig though.
View attachment 560876 View attachment 560878
You notice a difference in the sound? I always do from riser to riser. Some hollow some filled etc….

TonyVazquez

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Played an open-mic two evenings ago.
The venue provided the backline kit.
I brought along my own cymbals,
and this time I used my 13x5
wood shell Sound Percussion snare drum.

The venue is new in Troy NY,
known as No Fun, and it's growing
popular among the local college
students around the area.