Anyone one else playing this weekend

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Every weekend. In fact, played yesterday and am heading out for a noon to 4PM gig shortly. Here is the schedule I have with the singer-songwriter band, and our jazz combo is picking up steam. I refuse to play any gig indoors, and still there is more work than I actually want.

MJB

Reaction score
Biker week real seedy bars in north florida. I love playing even though the pay is small.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I will be back at Maxine's On Shine in Orlando, FL tomorrow for their brunch. Always outdoors (I will not play indoors venues yet.) The assisted living facility gigs that I play in the greater Daytona Beach area with a pianist are starting to pick up again too. I had to turn one down for today due to other conflicts.

TonyVazquez

Reaction score
My band, The VaVaVoodoos stream show in Hudson Falls NY next weekend...

vvvflyerrrrrrr.jpg

... and in other news... my band is now in Round #3 of Nippertown's March Music Madness contest.

https://www.nippertown.com/2021/03/10/2021-march-music-madness-round-3-voting/

...so, for those of you who reside in Albany NY and the Capital region, don't be shy
click the lick and browse the list of bands and give The VaVaVoodoos a vote to push us
into Round #4! :-D :-D ... THANK YOU!!! :thumbup:

Here are the sixteen bands remaining in the contest...
https://www.nippertown.com/2021/03/10/march-music-madness-meet-the-sweet-sixteen/

2021-MMM-R3-scaledd.jpg

Last edited:

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
I just picked up something for tomorrow, which I suspect will be largely streamed, and have 2 streaming concerts next for the first week in April. Just picked up something for 4/18 as well.

I'm getting Covid shot #2 on Saturday.

It's good when the phone rings. It's been too dry for too long.

TonyVazquez

Reaction score
A song from my band's stream show in Hudson Falls NY last Friday.
The house kit I was playing on is a beautiful Natural Wood Yamaha Stage Custom...
(more video footage of songs from this show can be seen in my YouTube channel)

This song is titled "Midnight To Six Man" and it is a cover that we do,
originally by The Pretty Things.

This footage was recorded with my Samsung Galaxy A10e smartphone,
so this is not the venue's stream footage.

... and now, more good news: my band has a live show this Friday evening March 26th
in Albany NY. This time the capacity restriction has been slightly lifted to accommodate
more people, but we're still observing COVID Safety protocol (Masks/Soc Distancing).
By next month we'll be able to advertise live shows in NY (and still observe the protocol).
For this next show I plan to record the live audio with my Fostex VF-80 multi-tracker
on 2 track stereo with outboard condenser mics, while the video will be recorded
with my smartphone.

I'm happy to hear news that many of you are getting back into playing live shows.
Soon we'll all be back to gigging; it's just a matter of time and baby steps to ensure
that we're safe even with the vaccines becoming more available.

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
6 this month, 6 on the books in April, and 7 in May. They’re all duo gigs... full band bookings just aren’t happening. The venues here in and around Bakersfield have (mostly) been very good about following guidelines. I feel very fortunate to be working this much right now.

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
6 this month, 6 on the books in April, and 7 in May. They’re all duo gigs... full band bookings just aren’t happening. The venues here in and around Bakersfield have (mostly) been very good about following guidelines. I feel very fortunate to be working this much right now.
Hey duo is better then zero!!!!