header.nohb.html

Anyone one else playing this weekend

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What could be my last gig of the year is next Wednesday night in a new late-evening room at a venue we have played often. Jazz trio with a female vocalist. Our weekly jazz gig venue has closed down unfortunately and high season caters more to pop and rock in most places. Ah well ....

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My band has our first real club gig at a place called the Monarch in Toronto this Friday. That said, a different bandmate has been off sick during our last three rehearsals. Looking forward to playing a show, and even more to playing as a whole band again.

xopherhills

Reaction score
We're playing in Pacifica at Longboard's Margarita Bar. They even have a nice backline kit and sound guy who knows what he's doing! Last time we played there it was a blast.

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just played last night to a full house at the Monarch in Toronto. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it, but it was my first show with a fully mic'd kit and front of house sound guy dialling it all in. It was also my first show with a smoke machine which would intermittently and unexpectedly spray me in the face as it was right next to my throne on a pretty shallow stage. I also had to use a very wonky backline kit including a floor tom on a snare stand, making it incredibly high and awkward to play. All of this was a great test of focus though, and I held it down despite the surprises and challenges along the way.

We got a great response and drew an eclectic crowd, including many dancers, spinners (clockwise only), and someone who needed to shout YEEEE-HAAAAW! at every available opportunity. It was also the first time my brother and a bunch of old friends have ever been able to come out and hear me play, which was a real treat. Lots of fun and hoping to do it again soon.

tempImage39svD3.png

xopherhills

Reaction score
I'm playing a dive bar near Sacramento called the Valencia Club on Saturday night with the country cover band The Corduroys, then again with them on Sunday in Rockaway Beach in Pacifica. It's an outdoor show so hopefully it won't rain. Currently there's a 60% chance on Sunday.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm playing a dive bar near Sacramento called the Valencia Club on Saturday night with the country cover band The Corduroys, then again with them on Sunday in Rockaway Beach in Pacifica. It's an outdoor show so hopefully it won't rain. Currently there's a 60% chance on Sunday.
Get some pics