Anyone one else playing this weekend

TonyVazquez

Reaction score
I played my gig last night in Albany NY.
But, I didn't video record the show...
...after a brutally physical long day at work I just wanted to slam a few drinks and go Animalistic all over my kit like a sloppy low-fi garage band. :toothy7:

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I would have loved to fit my kick on that stage, but there was no place to put it :)
Come on, Mike... that skinny Stage Custom Hip bass drum would’ve fit up there! :)

Played a wedding gig last night. Great money, even better “views”, and high-end grub. I think I have the duo rig completely dialed in now. All you full reso head/no laundry havin’ purists might want to skip past this pic. Hehehe...

F056952B-7A93-4F9A-B22F-895C8C5741D4.jpeg

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Come on, Mike... that skinny Stage Custom Hip bass drum would’ve fit up there! :)

Played a wedding gig last night. Great money, even better “views”, and high-end grub. I think I have the duo rig completely dialed in now. All you full reso head/no laundry havin’ purists might want to skip past this pic. Hehehe...

View attachment 491998
Love your set-up!

I wish that skinny Tama BD would have fit, but the snare and HH stand legs were to the edge of the stage. Trust me, there was no way, otherwise I would have used it. We played some songs that begged for a bass drum, especially Stand By Me, but even the one in the above video - It Ain't About You - would have been better supported with a bass drum. Ironically, the day before with the duo (me and a pianist) I only had room for my snare drum, and I really hate playing without my hi-hats. One does what one must :)

One thing I did not mention about the trio gig: we have to play that particular venue so that the SPL 15 feet from the "stage" does not exceed 85 dB. I was extra careful playing sticks on that first tune, especially doing fills. Easy for the SPL to spin out of control.

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

View attachment 491998
Now that is a very cool setup

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I’ve done one gig and a couple of private parties in the last year. I do have a gig this coming Friday with a band I haven’t played with in a year. I’m excited, I really miss it.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
We’ll start rehearsals again like this for a while...most of us have been fully vaccinated, so we’ll wear masks in and out and when socializing, then off to play. Still a handful
of youngin’s unvaccinated.
View attachment 492187
I love the way you and your band have addressed the distancing protocols! Bravo! I am fortunate in that I have type O+ blood, which has a lower risk. My second shot is scheduled for April 5. After the waiting period I still will only perform outside, and will continue to wear a mask to ensure that I do not infect others.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saturday afternoons starting this Saturday back up. 3pm- 6pm ... +/- Outdoor
Parking lot Pavilion of local watering hole (Joeys) ; should be well attended; can go in/out of the bar but everyone is outside , on the porch area etc
Kenny Blake and a roster of friends and instrumentalists (core band w/guests..) - All Styles- possible multi media- cars jazz rock bikes food

if it doesn't snow.

Last edited: