DFO Veteran
Reaction score
3 gigs in two days!! Let’s go!!!
5BBB6BAD-15A0-4354-8E54-BE70BFF9444B.jpeg

Last edited:

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Played tonight (last night) at the venue with the most brutal acoustic environment in town for rock. With a purecussion kit, a 6x4' acoustic foam panel placed behind me, a 13" picc with a towel on it, 12" hats, and a 13" crash, I managed to keep the bar staff off our asses without sounding horribly lame on the barn burners. That bar has so much bass amplification that the no-shell kick sounds like a regular kick before it's even miked.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Played tonight (last night) at the venue with the most brutal acoustic environment in town for rock. With a purecussion kit, a 6x4' acoustic foam panel placed behind me, a 13" picc with a towel on it, 12" hats, and a 13" crash, I managed to keep the bar staff off our asses without sounding horribly lame on the barn burners. That bar has so much bass amplification that the no-shell kick sounds like a regular kick before it's even miked.
I hate places like that. I found hollow wood stage to be very resonant as well. Glad to hear people playing tho

TonyVazquez

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Another double jammy, same show
yesterday in Troy NY...

Our local weather stations had called a forecast for Thunderstorms,
but we were lucky the skies remained partly sunny long enough for us to end the festival on a loud rockin high note. :toothy7:

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Played Saturday afternoon for a garage driveway concert for 2 + hours; hot but nice in the garage with the fan on my back. Played a mixture of songs with the '66 OBP gigging set and used the new-for-me ;65 Supra...it sounded great...the guitarist really noticed a difference from my 10 lug Ludwig black/white badge snare and commented that it had a nice sound especially on soft, slow songs ....I thought it really complements each song I did; it was great to get out and play and the neighbourhood seemed to enjoy it...... not a paying gig but what a joy it was to get out and play live....

Attachments

• garagebandaug14cc1edited.jpg
    garagebandaug14cc1edited.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 40
  • garagebandaug14cc2edited.jpg
    garagebandaug14cc2edited.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Awe
Played Saturday afternoon for a garage driveway concert for 2 + hours; hot but nice in the garage with the fan on my back. Played a mixture of songs with the '66 OBP gigging set and used the new-for-me ;65 Supra...it sounded great...the guitarist really noticed a difference from my 10 lug Ludwig black/white badge snare and commented that it had a nice sound especially on soft, slow songs ....I thought it really complements each song I did; it was great to get out and play and the neighbourhood seemed to enjoy it...... not a paying gig but what a joy it was to get out and play live....
Awesome playing is playing paid or free. The joy of playing for others is always a special thing!!!

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had another garage band concert last night at the house of a neighbour of the bass player's a couple streets away. As in all our concerts, COVID 19 protocol 2 meter (6 feet) distancing still in effect. Great atmosphere and nice to get out and play; ..hot though.. 36 C (96.8 F) with humidity; if it was a dry heat, it would be more comfortable but I was lucky; out of the sun literally in the garage.
One funny story, I was playing one song and the snare stand height adjustment wingnut wasn't tight so as I hit the snare, the snare basket dropped 4-6 inches on me :D....nobody noticed but at the end of the song, the singer/lead guitarist wanted to go right into another song, I whispered"Wait", he turned around, saw what happened and had a big smile on this face as he saw me adjusting the height of the stand.
Needless to say, I won't make that mistake again!

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ha
Had another garage band concert last night at the house of a neighbour of the bass player's a couple streets away. As in all our concerts, COVID 19 protocol 2 meter (6 feet) distancing still in effect. Great atmosphere and nice to get out and play; ..hot though.. 36 C (96.8 F) with humidity; if it was a dry heat, it would be more comfortable but I was lucky; out of the sun literally in the garage.
One funny story, I was playing one song and the snare stand height adjustment wingnut wasn't tight so as I hit the snare, the snare basket dropped 4-6 inches on me :D....nobody noticed but at the end of the song, the singer/lead guitarist wanted to go right into another song, I whispered"Wait", he turned around, saw what happened and had a big smile on this face as he saw me adjusting the height of the stand.
Needless to say, I won't make that mistake again!
Hate when that happens. Try to get some video next time I love watching other drummers!!!!

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
First gig tonight for a new group -- a French cafe group, playing Serge Gainsbourg, Edith Piaf, Yann Tiersen, Brigitte Bardot, etc.